in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-09-2009 1:40 AM by yachadm. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-07-2009 12:15 PM

Beogram 3000 Thorens with ST/P and custom SP2

Well it is finally complete! The lid has arrived and the Beogram is now seen in all its glory. Many thanks to Frede for all the work he has done on this for me and also to Axel who made the cartridge at very short notice after another supplier was unable to manage. The lid was made by Aquarius Plastics and is beautiful. Due to the height and length of the arm, this was clearly a custom job and has been done very nicely! Needless to say , the Beogram with the Beolab 5000 system sounds stupendous!

• 08-07-2009 1:43 PM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 3000 Thorens with ST/P and custom SP2

Congratulations Peter!

I have to say that I envy you! The Beolab 5000 system is the pinacle for any BnO collector. Frede has been doing a worderful job restoring these beauties. Could you please post more pictures? I actually like a lot the dark grey colour that you choose for your Thorens TD 124 MkII a.k.a. Beogram 3000.

I'm actively looking at a Thorens to complete my Beolab 5000 system. It's a pity I just can't afford a Beogram 3000 from Frede right now, so I'm trying to get a plain Thorens MkI or MkII to complete my set up (still missing the beovox 2500, they will come sometime).

Congrats to you and Frede again, this is such a nice piece of history. Enjoy ouyself!

Gustavo

• 08-07-2009 2:03 PM In reply to

It is actually Merceded Blue. More pictures here

I think Frede actually sells Beogram 3000s at a very good price - these are expensive anywhere and even a plain Thorens TD124 attracts a high price. Frede has the Thorens repair franchise so you know you will get a good one.

• 08-07-2009 2:26 PM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

That's gorgeous Peter. I love schopper's 12" tonearm board. It's so stylish. Great work on the Lid indded. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

I  may be better off saving some money to buy a Thorens from Frede. He's got fully operational turtables as opposed to other sources where you are paying probably too much for a doubtful device. In the and I may end up paying more for buying it somewhere else!

Regards;

Gustavo

• 08-09-2009 1:40 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Beautiful, Peter!

Isn't it great to have a fully-functioning (inside and outside) restored sytem?

Sure beats all the garbage on the market today!

May you have many hours of pleasurable listening!

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)