in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-16-2009 6:36 PM by j0hnbarker. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2009 5:14 PM

What's Playing Right Now

If it's O.K. to list in this section and if you don't mind guy's, I think the original thread is dated so I thought I'd ask the question again...................

What's Plying Right Now????

In simple terms Isn't it why we bought our systems - to play music?

Been a serious lover of everything Vinyl since Punk Rock in the late 70's, migrated through CD etc and onto MP3 and now at the ripe old age of 43 with a 19 year old son and 17 year old daughter I'm complimented on my current MP3 collection by even the kids & their friends.

So what you listening to right now ?

For me there is no other....... electronic music through Retro B&O............. ARMIN VAN BUUREN.

His 2008 yearmix from A State Of Trance - digital radio - Holland.

Try it !!!!!!   

What you listening to????

(BeoSystem 4500 & Penta II's)

• 01-15-2009 5:51 PM In reply to

Re: What's Playing Right Now

Right now listening to jamiroquaiy -Dynamite

It's -24 here right now and being cooped up in my office I just felt like I have to put something dancy to warm me up....

Beosystem 5000 giving my newly finished cx100  - just back this morning from chrome plating

Sounds good 

• 01-15-2009 5:56 PM In reply to

Grace Jones new album - Hurricane !

Absolutely amaising ! 

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 01-15-2009 6:16 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Why a new thread about the same subject? The old still works and people post regularly in it...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 01-15-2009 6:51 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

A good thread, to which I post on the original in the "music" section, from time to time. My question is how far back anyone reads? I'm sure folk post and then check afteward to see if there's any reaction but........... does anyone look at the original post?

Given the length of the thread, maybe a trimming would be in order, or trim it every month, two weeks or whatever.

Does it matter?? (the length of the thread not folk posting).

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-16-2009 9:48 AM In reply to

Puncher:

A good thread, to which I post on the original in the "music" section, from time to time. My question is how far back anyone reads? I'm sure folk post and then check afteward to see if there's any reaction but........... does anyone look at the original post?

I use the forum almost exclusively through the "not read" feature (unless I'm starting a new topic), so the original thread jumps up every time somebody posts on it... but maybe it could be trimmed? I can't see anyone wanting to wade through 750 postings on what somebody was listening two years ago. There are some interesting pieces of discussion, but I believe they are lost in the mass anyway when they get older.

-mika

• 01-16-2009 3:45 PM In reply to

Ry Cooder, Borderline, one of my favourite albums.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-16-2009 6:36 PM In reply to

I think this thread is well worth preserving for posterity, as it goes back to pretty much the early days of the new Beoworld and is continually updated by almost everyone, even posters who don't always contribute on some of the other forums. I seem to recall that this thread sprang from a thread I started about what everyone's favourite song was played on their favourite B&O system. As my thread lasted about 2 days, long may the 2 year thread live!!!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)