in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-03-2008 5:57 PM by Tom. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2008 3:37 PM

The Verve - Forth

Anyone else got this yet? Had is delivered on Tuesday and was a little unsure at first, but really liking listening to it as the week has gone on. I went to see them back in November when they did a handful of dates on a small-scale comeback, well before this summer's festival appearances, and the on-stage chemistry wasn't really present. Back then I was doubtful they'd stay together long enough to get back in the studio, particularly as I have an acquaintance who is friends with Nick McCabe, and the word was that Ashcroft was shunning the rest of the band backstage after the gigs, and the whole exercise might have been a cash earner before Christmas for the other members of the band...

Still, it's great to have them back and on form. I remember the last time they got back together for Urban Hymns. Hope this one lasts longer! 

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 08-31-2008 8:14 AM In reply to

Re: The Verve - Forth

just bought from itunes and burnt to disk. Listening now, will give my opinion soon, but sounding good so far.

One of my favorite bands ever!

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 09-03-2008 8:54 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I have downloaded the album from iTunes. I really like it, on of my favourite albums of the year. The sound of the band still is very catching!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-03-2008 1:57 PM In reply to

Tom:
    I have downloaded the album from iTunes. I really like it, on of my favourite albums of the year. The sound of the band still is very catching!

Cool Tom - I didn't realise they were well known on the continent. It's a good album though, like you say :) 

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 09-03-2008 5:57 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

j0hnbarker:

Tom:

Cool Tom - I didn't realise they were well known on the continent. It's a good album though, like you say :) 

they are not really well known. People would know "Bitter Sweet Symphony" and may be "The Drugs Don't Work", but that's it.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)