in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-14-2007 8:38 AM by Keith Saunders. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-05-2007 2:36 PM

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

DVB-T Menu

I can't get the DVB-T menu button working, but what is strange the TV Guide works OK but the command is almost the same:

The TV guide is - BACK : RED and the code is - 0:000:TV:EXIT+0:000:TV:CNTL_STEP_DW

The DVB-T Menu is -  BACK : YELLOW so I put the code as - 0:000:TV:EXIT+0:000:TV:CNTL_WIND

But the menu doesn't work - What's up?

Ian 

• 12-13-2007 3:33 PM In reply to

Re: DVB-T Menu

Ian,

When you say BACK then RED you are actually doing the same as EXIT then RED on the Beo4 and is also the same as "guide" on the screen, they all produce 0:000:TV:EXIT+0:000:TV:CNTL_STEP_DW as you said and that works fine to bring up the full screen EPG

EPG

Where things are not so straight forward are the colours used as sub-commands of the "Guide" menu for example the blue "information" button is on the screen, but it will ONLY work when you bring up teh sub-menu of the "Guide" which requires you to press BLUE for further information. In the above screen if you now press GREEN you will get the full listing for the channel you have selected.

Regards Keith....

• 12-13-2007 3:49 PM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

OK (but why doesn't this work even if you put a delay after the guide sequence?). Also the main DVB-T menu is not part of a sub-menu under 'guide'. When watching TV normally press EXIT YELLOW (on Beo4) and you get the menu on the left-hand side, this is waht I'm trying to create.

Ian 

• 12-14-2007 2:38 AM In reply to

Ian,

I have tested your command which is equal to EXIT -- YELLOW on the Beo4 using the command you defined and it works fine.

0:000:TV:EXIT+0:000:TV:CNTL_WIND

You do not need any delays, but I would ask if you get any errors when it finalises which could effect the working of the command.

What TV is the DVB-T fitted too ?

Regards Keith....

• 12-14-2007 3:16 AM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Keith,

The DVB-T is in a BV6 26"

Ian 

• 12-14-2007 3:45 AM In reply to

Ian,

I tested this command on an AVANT with DVB-T, but the module is exactly the same as the one used in the Beovision 6-26.

Now, this is an interesting issue because another member had a problem where a different Beo5 command did not work for him on his unit and subsequently it turn out that the fault was caused by a marginal "IR" receiver in the TV. Yes, I know you are going to say, but all other commands work fine and it works for the Beo4. Like this other member he added delays without success and all other commands worked.

Therefore, I suggest you go along to your dealer and ask to test your Beo5 with one of their TV's with the DVB-T installed in it (but not the Beosystem 3 which uses a different DVB module)

Regards Keith....

• 12-14-2007 7:17 AM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Thanks for your help Keith. I'll have to take it to another store as my local dealer (Reading) doesn't have a DVB-T module in any of their TV's (except a BV9 and that can't get a good signal). So lets assume it works in another TV - Is it simply a case of getting the IR receiver replaced in my TV? I wonder if this could also be the cause of my non-functioning subtitles command?

Ian

• 12-14-2007 7:32 AM In reply to

Ian,

I am surprised that your Reading Dealer did not have a Beovision with a DVB-T installed in it, what about their Newbury store which has the same owner as Reading. If no luck, then I know that Andrew in Winchester who certainly does have Beovisions with DVB-T's installed in them.

For the other member with problems, just changing the "IR" fixed the problem.

With regards to the non-functioning sub-titles command, what Beo5 command string are you using ? It certainly could be caused by the same problem.

Regards Keith....

• 12-14-2007 8:12 AM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Keith,

I am also surprised about the lack of a DVB-T module at Reading - Maybe no-one has asked about it? The TV's all feature DVD's, Sky HD or the BBC HD preview so this is where they target sales rather that a non-HD freeview picture. Let's be honest the DVB-T module is certainly not the best item so I can understand why B&O would not want to shout about it. I'll ask about a version at Newbury though.

You say "changing the IR" - Is that a software or hardware change?

Regarding my subtitles issue take a look in the "Beo5 macro button for subtitles" thread.

Ian

• 12-14-2007 8:38 AM In reply to

Ian,

When I say "changing the IR" I am talking about a hardware change.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)