in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-23-2007 3:03 AM by jooka. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2007 3:02 PM

jukka wants to hear how you been and writes what he's been up to lately - post your story!

hello, 

i got today 2nd hand (of course) mx 6000 in white. beautiful beautiful tv. picture is very good and tv itself is in excellent condition. i don't know where i'm going to put it since i was aiming for 21 inch screen but you can't do anything but buy it if it's low priced. such a shame i have no clue of how to use it.

my main system has not received anything new lately. beosound 3000 still for music, beovision 6 for video and beolab 8000's with beolab 2 for my ears. i still have my beocenter 9500 which i have no use. it's under bubble wrap here in my workroom. i simply don't have space for it. i'm so much into design (aalto, jacobsen, aarnio, finnish and danish design, eames... you know) and books these days that every cabinet or table is filled with classic lamps and things like that - i think.

today decided to put music system on different place. need to do some concrete work tomorrow to hide a speaker wire for right speaker but i think it's going to be fabulous in new place! worth a job. wall behind speakers is real concrete and contrast between aluminium 8000's and concrete is simply beautiful.

if you guys (and gals) have any suggestions for the newcomer mx 6000 (it's 28 inch! - and no... it's way too big for bedroom tv) and bc 9500 - i'm listening!

also, would like to hear what's up - especially people i know allready from here -  in your bang & olufsen world. any troubles or succeeds? everyone is welcome to post now! what have you bought lately and have you been happy with new gadgets, for example ;-)

you can catch me on flickr, too at http://www.flickr.com/photos/j5k/

• 11-22-2007 3:06 PM In reply to

Re: jukka wants to hear how you been and writes what he's been up to lately - post your story!

Welcome back! I am afraid I have no useful suggestions for the 9500 system - I have one on top of a bookcase looking for a home! Just don't want to part with it!!

We clearly will need pictures on site of your exciting install!

Best new gadget - iPod Touch which controls my N.Music! 

• 11-22-2007 3:18 PM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

Re: jukka wants to hear how you been and writes what he's been up to lately - post your story!

My Beocenter 9000 doesn't come to its justice either at the moment. I just use it in my study/office to drive a pair of speakers on either side of the PC. But I would hate to part with it, and it still plays a cd nicely (smooth and pleasant sound).

I havent bought any B&O lately, besides a used Beosound 2, lovely machine, and it was cheap too. I should probably start searching for some CX100 so have on either side of the PC instead of the small Gale speakers i use now. Or get my self together and mount my white RL6000 on the wall and find some smaller speakers for the small bedroom where i got a beosystem 5000. Problem is i have been busy writing my masters thesis in economics, and there is a long way to go. Will probably be done by springtime.

I got a MX6000 that i use every day, it looks nice when turned off. Perhaps you could use the MX in the kitchen/dining room, just standing on the floor (a bit as a scuplture).

br

Chr.

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 11-22-2007 4:38 PM In reply to

Hi jooka, nice to see you back!

I'm afraid I can't really help with your technical requests, however congratulations on your new buy all the same, I love the MX6000!

My latest gadgets I suppose are the BeoSound 6 Beo5 and Serene. Like all 3 of them so far, gee ... I've gone a little "B&O portable" mad recently!

• 11-23-2007 3:03 AM In reply to

sounds great, all.

i can't help but fall in love with the design of mx. it's not even hooked on the wall and it sits on the floor like an icon. and it's been here only a day so far. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)