in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-08-2007 2:25 PM by Jandyt. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2007 8:05 AM

Stupid(?) question about sorting channels

Hi,

not sure if I've missed something. I created buttons for my 50 channels. I did it by creating a new button and assigning IR code 1 for button/channel 1, code 2 for button 2 etc. up to button 50 with IR code 5+0 for channel 50. Makes 50 individual buttons with 50 individual IR codes.

Now, what happens when I let's say delete channel 2 and channel 3 becomes channel 2, channel 4 becomes channel 3 etc etc.

Does it mean I have to edit all 47 buttons individually and change button names (or logos) or IR codes?

Thanks

Ralf

• 11-08-2007 9:10 AM In reply to

Re: Stupid(?) question about sorting channels

When you delete channel 2, it leaves a gap, it should not shift all other channels...
  • 11-08-2007 9:47 AM In reply to

But I do want it to shift all other channels.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I delete channel 2 on the TV. How do I reflect the change (shift) on the remote without editing each of the 49 buttons individually. 

• 11-08-2007 10:28 AM In reply to

I have named my channels as then I don't have to remember the numbers. BBC1 is always BBC1 and Channel 4 is always Channel 4. I suppose the obvious way is to move Channel 49 to the Channel 2 position if you have deleted 2, but I am not sure why you would want to have 50 channels all just identified by number.
  • 11-08-2007 11:00 AM In reply to

Ralf, I think the answer to your question is : you can't

That's why we're trying to give you some workaround.

But I think, if you delete number 2 on your TV, it will not shift all the channels (but that may depend on your tv), so you'd have to do it manually on the TV and on the Remote...

p.

• 11-08-2007 11:17 AM In reply to

Channel 2 was only an example. Channels come and go, and I would like them in a specific order on the TV/DTV, that's why I'm asking.

Well, on the BV7 and on my STB channels will shift.

Anyway, thanks for your help. At least I know I haven't done anything wrong or missed anything  :-)

Ralf

• 11-08-2007 2:25 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Ralf, I agree with Peter.
    If you want to be specific, give your channels logos or names. Far simpler, even when channels change.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)