in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-15-2007 8:22 AM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2007 9:24 AM

• David
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-14-2007
    • Perth, Scotland
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

BeoMedia 1: change wireless network password

I have a recently installed BeoMedia 1.

It is integrated into my other equipment (three B&O TVs and a BeoSound 3200 with various speakers) and also my wireless network, and hence the Internet. So far I'm rather impressed.

I now need to change the password used to access to my home wireless network.

Question: how do I change the password on the Beomedia 1?

Note: I know how to change the wireless password on my home router and computers (two Mac laptops and an iMac, all running Mac OS X). That is very easy to do. But if I change the wireless password then how will my Beomedia 1 be able to connect to the network? (The BeoMedia 1 was installed by B&O engineers.)

Filed under: , , , ,
  • 10-14-2007 11:24 AM In reply to

Re: BeoMedia 1: change wireless network password

We do have the installation guide on site - You do need to be a silver or gold member though. It does suggest that this is done by a qualified installer though. I would see if your dealer will offer some advice first.
  • 10-15-2007 4:02 AM In reply to

• David
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-14-2007
    • Perth, Scotland
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Thank you. I may well decide to upgrade my membership, but not just to get access to the installation guide, but because I like the site.

In the meantime I just can't believe that B&O have designed BeoMedia 1 such that customers can't configure it without help from B&O staff. Is it really the case that something as simple as changing the password to one's home network makes the BeoMedia 1 inoperative? Surely not. I can't believe that anyone, especially not design-conscious B&O, would design a product like that. There has to be a simple way of doing this.

If I'm wrong then someone please tell me. 

• 10-15-2007 8:19 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

I've sent you a PM.

Roger

• 10-15-2007 8:22 AM In reply to