in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-23-2007 2:58 PM by Lene. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2007 10:02 AM

• Lene
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Beo5 + STB not that great

Hi, ()

I have a digital receiver from SAGEM (and it's on the STB list of my B7) in combination with an infrared unit making it possible to communicate with my new B5 (by use of the Control IR Out port). Initial problems encountered ..

1) When choosing 'MENU', on B5, I get like the root (setup-)menu of the SAGEM receiver (full screen view). When I use B4 (and press MENU)  I get like a grey left-handed area covering 1/4 of the screen - from here I have like 5-6 options covering most useful features on the SAGEM - If I choose MENU from these options I'm routed to the point where B5 ends up in the first place. Shouldn't the MENU choice for B4 and B5 be the same? (I like B4's menu for choice).

2) When using B5 I can't use the arrows (step up/down) in programs but have to go to the digitals pressing the numbers every time I want to shift channel - solution: new firmware?/or is it easy to correct for the dealer? (You may ask - why don't you use the TV logos when changing channel? - not set up for my digital receiving part...yet)[:'(] I think I've heard abt similar problems for B4 & SAGEM receivers in the past?!

[In Denmark SAGEM'60 is like std choice for many users as biggest cable provider TDC offers this product at reasonable cost - where did you say B&O originated from? crowds will come to Struer if not settled soon Stick out tongue]

/L

• 10-10-2007 10:07 AM In reply to

Re: Beo5 - + STB not that great

The whole point of the Beo5 is that it can be customised to fit your situation. If there is a way of working your STB with a Beo4, then it is possible to work it with less key strokes with a Beo5. If you have a Beo4, work out what key strokes are needed to achieve what you want, write them down and go back to your dealer. He will reprogram the Beo5 and you should get what you want. Mine works excellently.
  • 10-10-2007 10:14 AM In reply to

• Lene
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

OK - specific 'digital receivers' firmware aside - I buy your flexibility point - though I don't have like hours to spend on 'engineering it' myself - (I thought I paid someone to do this for me in the first placeEmbarrassed - especially on the most plain stuff as described above)

I'll have to put on my engineering skills Geeked .... when time allows ! 

/L

• 10-10-2007 3:27 PM In reply to

You have a valid point and one I believe will come up more often in the future.

The dealer will set your Beo5 up wherever possible to your requirements, but to have it set to your exact requirements means you need to spend time defining problems found and facilities required, and like you, not all customers have the time or willingness to spend that time.

Many members of Beoworld are pleased to spend this time and get to know it, but in my view most B&O customers just want to pick the unit up and use it and to work in a manner expected.

I think this is an area which will get further debate in the coming months particularly when sold to high end demanding customers.

Regards Keith....

• 10-10-2007 3:53 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Beo5 + STB not that great

On your Beo4, one press of menu gets you the grey STB menu. Two presses gets you to the Beovision menu.
    It would appear that your Beo5 is sending Menu:Menu instead of Menu.
    Your dealer will find this an easy fix. Mine is fine for navigating the STB.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-12-2007 9:21 AM In reply to

Check out the logos HERE

Regards Keith....

• 10-12-2007 7:27 PM In reply to

Yes you just found a bug more in the beo5 SW Wink when you want to change channel on beo4 you use GO+/\ on beo5 it's just /\, but that don't work because they have forgotten to put the "go" command in the SW Super Angry  you don't need the menu overlay with beo5 because when you press DTV you get the buttons on be05's screen: Guide, I.TV, Radio and so on. thats way you get Sagem menu instead of menu overlay...

You need to go to your dealer and get him to manualy put the go command in, then you can step up and down again.

• 12-03-2007 3:16 AM In reply to

• OKA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-03-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 15
    • Bronze Member

>I have a digital receiver from SAGEM (and it's on the STB list of my B7) in combination >with an infrared unit making it possible to communicate with my new B5 (by use of the >Control IR Out port). Initial problems encountered ..

It is possible to select SAGEM as a STB in the setup software for BEO5. Having done that, DTV will have a completely different subscreen on BEO5 with a GUIDE button, so that you dont't need to use MENU + 8.

The channels will also be changed directly with up/down so that you do not need to use Go + up/down.

Regards Ole 

• 12-23-2007 2:58 PM In reply to

• Lene
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Hi,()

I started this thread - believe I have to finish it - and the story ends happily ...

Problem 1  : Fixed Big Smile

Problem 2 :  Fixed Big Smile

new software for my B5 along with some phone calls to B&O in Struer helped.

...thanks for comments

/L 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)