in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-29-2007 1:36 PM by sajpratty. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-29-2007 9:46 AM

Confused [*-)] Strange Beomaster 1000 - rare or what?

So there I am, doing my good deed for the day, putting a new set of lamps into this chap's Beomaster 1000 for him. Part of a complete Beosystem 1000 owned from new, including a Beocord 1500 and Beovox 1500's, all nice and minty other than the Beomaster's black plastic faded somewhat after years of sunlight.

Going by the dust in there, I suspect I'm the first person to ever take the lid off. While I'm inside, I see the separate PCB for the Beogram pre-amp. But this is a black-key model. Huh? An original black key Beomaster 1000 with the germanium transistor electronics? Is that possible? I checked the numbers - Type 2313, Serie 01. That type isn't on Beocentral. Most odd, could it be rare? If it's worth more than the average BM1000 the guy ought to know.

Many thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Filed under:
  • 09-29-2007 9:56 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Strange Beomaster 1000 - rare or what?

Steve, wasn't the white key one first and followed by the black keyed one with Riaa built in?
    I am only going off what I read on the product page, I am not speaking through experience.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-29-2007 10:17 AM In reply to

Hi Andy,

Thanks, yes - you're right. The white key model came first, had germanium transistors and the RIAA was on a separate PCB next to the stereo decoder for the radio. The black key model came next, had silicon transisters, and the RIAA was integrated into the motherboard. A separate RIAA could still be fitted to the black key model, and that would pre-amp deck one. This guy has a 3500 CD player plugged into deck one, so I know the RIAA has to be for deck two - which cannot be right if this is the model with the integrated RIAA. Only seems possible to me if this a black key model with white key electronics.

Cheers,

Steve 

• 09-29-2007 12:36 PM In reply to

There are lots of Beomaster 1000s!!! The 2313 is a black key model but has a separate RIAA board! I have the service manual. The 2316 had it integrated into the main board.

To connect a gramophone to the 2313 the following is note:

A stereo record player with a built in pre-amplifier such as a Beogram 1000 VFand a crystal pick up are connected by depressing the GR1 button.

A stereo player without a pre-amplifier such as a Beogram 1000 V should be plugged into the GR1 jack and is cut in by depressing the GR11 button.

No statement can be made as to what performance may be expected with low impedance pick ups of other makes. 

I am sure Martin will let you know all there is to know about Beomaster 1000s - he collects them! I don't know how many variants there were, and I think Martin has said lots. If it is any indication, I have one white key service manual, two for the 2313 and one for the 2316!!Laughing 

• 09-29-2007 1:36 PM In reply to

Aha! Many thanks for that, Peter. Lots of Beomaster 1000s indeed! I had figured the black keys were correct because the chap had it from new from the B&O dealer.

The one they had for evaluation was a white key model and the new one they installed after was this black key model - must have been one of the first ones out. It did look odd though when I opened it up and the insides looked like they belonged from the white key model. It worked fine though, and sounded great through those big speakers.

Cheers,
    Steve

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)