in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-27-2007 2:20 PM by Dillen. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-26-2007 2:49 PM

Beomaster 1900 bulb replacement

Hi all,

I've just been lucky enough to pick up a Beomaster 1900 from my local dump for the princely sum of £5! Despite it's filthy condition (and flakey veneers), I was delighted to discover that it is in working order and in fact sounds great. My only problem is that a number of the indicator bulbs are blown. I've already stripped the facias off for thorough cleaning and have accesed the bulbs in question. My problem now is in identifying and scourcing replacements of the correct specification.

Any help in this matter would be very much appreciated.

Nigel.

• 09-26-2007 3:53 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 1900 bulb replacement

I would contact Dillen on site - he can help with this sort of equipment. In the case of the 1900, he can also supply you with a capacitor kit - the red ones are worth replacing whilst the lid is off!

Welcome to Beoworld. 

• 09-26-2007 4:04 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beomaster 1900 bulb replacement

Welcome to Beoworld !

A bargain, even if dirty and non-working !
    One should never throw out B&O and especially not a design icon like the Beomaster 1900.

Complete lamp kits and also capacitor kits are readily available for this model containing correct components/wattage etc.
    The lamp kit comes with dis-/assembly instructions, specifically helpful when putting the Beomaster back together again.

Martin

• 09-27-2007 1:32 PM In reply to

Beomaster 1900 value?

Thanks for eveyones help, a lamp kit has been orderd from Martin(Dillen).

As an aside, I buy quite a bit of vintage hi-fi gear from my local tips - some of which I keep - some I sell on. You'll be glad to hear that I intend to hold on to the Beomaster as I just love the iconic design and the era it evokes. Despite this, my curiosity has the better of me and I wondered if anyone could give me an idea what the current market value of a 1900 in good working and cosmetic condition is? I can't find any record of one being offered for sale on this forum and the only one I found on ebay was sold as untested for £20.

I hope this question isn't seen as bad form as I know market value does not necessarily reflect the personal enjoyment of ownership - I'm just curious I guess!

Nigel.

• 09-27-2007 2:20 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beomaster 1900 value?

As with everything else Bang & Olufsen, condition is everything.
    A non-working Beomaster 1900 is not worth a lot since servicing
    can be expensive and in some cases impossible since many repairshops
    reject repairs to these when they discover that a repair needs to
    be on discrete component level rather than modules.
    Using Ebay as reference, a nice and pro serviced Beomaster 1900
    can bring anything from 100-150 euros and up but it doesn't take
    many scratches to bring the value down on even a fully working example.

Generally with these things, they are worth what people are prepared to pay.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)