in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-17-2007 10:20 AM by GSHaigh. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-16-2007 11:10 AM

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

BeoMedia Speaker Selection Issue

Hi

I've been having discussions with B&O Technical regarding what I see as a bug with BeoMedia and what B&O see as a design feature.  I'd be interested in your thoughts and comments.

I have BeoMedia 1 connected to my BV7.  My BV7 has a full compliment of speakers attached,  fronts, rears and a BL2.  When I select PC from my Beo 4 the BV7 switches to Speaker 5 (as PC is seen as a video source).  However for playing N.Music,  the primary reason anyone would purchase BeoMedia 1 then I believe that Speaker 2 should be the default.  B&O disagree stating that BeoMedia is a Video product.

To compound matters BeoMedia 1 does not support 5.1 audio in it's current form.  Although there is a digital output apparantly it is PCM and the BV7 does not support PCM!

I think the Beo5 could help fix this issue with its macro function,  i.e select BeoMedia and then a Macro runs to select speaker 2 - I'm waiting for B&O to get back to me on this. 

Another bug I have discovered is that if you view a video on BeoMedia 1, which incidently you have to select the photo option to get at your videos and then go back to the main menu and select N.Music both audio sources (video and n.music) play together.  Again as far as I am concerned this is a bug.  B&O's view.... "this is how you should expect it to work"

When speaking to B&O about these issues I am told I am the first person to have made the above comments,  I find this hard to believe!   

I'm currently debating if I should return my BeoMedia and BV7 as not fit for purpose based upon the above..... this seems extreme but the combination of the issues and B&Os arrogance (the corporation not the individuals I have spoken to)  about these being features not bugs has really wound me up. 

I'm not sure how to set up a poll,  but I think if a moderator could add one to this post it would be useful.

Greg

• 09-17-2007 9:43 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoMedia Speaker Selection Issue

Hi Greg,

I also have a BM1 and BV7 with full speaker set-up.

I agree with you that BM1 speaker set-up shoudl folow the audio configuration and not the video configuration. When / if BM1 is able to store movies with 5.1 sound and a digital sound connection from BM1 til BV7 is possible it's less simpel. But for now it's mainly a audio source in terms of sound. What I normally does it to start pressing PC on BEO4, select n.music in the main menu, find the track / album / playlist I will hear and then press NMUSIC on BEO4. This will change the speaker selection to the audio set-up (Speaker 4 in my case) and switch off the screen on BV7. This however require that you have an audio master that support n.music (BC2 in my case).

I'm not fully agreen with you that the sound shoudl follow the item selected. I see you problem, but also find it very nice to play n.music in the background when wathing pictures / bwosing the web. So I could agree with B&O that this is how it shoudl work.

I very happy with my BM1, so I don't see these things as major issues for me. I hope you will keep your systems and enjoy all the nice features etc.

Ken 

• 09-17-2007 9:51 AM In reply to

If you select N.MUSIC from the menu on the Beomedia it remains a video source, as something is displayed.

If you select N.MUSIC from the remote, then it is an audio source as no picture is displayed.

p.

• 09-17-2007 10:20 AM In reply to

• GSHaigh
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North West UK
    • Posts 163
    • Bronze Member

I can see B&Os point of view,  I just think it's wrong!  You listen to Music, not watch it!

I too would like to understand the roadmap of the product.  The product has so much potential,  it just requires B&O to invest some time, money and effort in it.  I would welcome being part of a B&O user group to provide suggestions and input into the product.

Greg

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)