in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-20-2007 6:14 AM by ProGram. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-19-2007 5:58 PM

beomaster 3300 power issue

hi all,

below is a *bump* from the general forum. i decided to repost it here in hopes that someone might have some advice.

++++
    just came into possession of a bm3300. it will not power up. checked the fuses, everything is fine and clean. i could find nothing obvious... any thoughts?
    ++++ 

i just had it apart again out of frustration -same story. i get nothing out of it -no standby light -nothing. i have the service manual, but was hoping that someone might have a listable methodology as to testing.

as always, thx in advance!
    • B&o bottle opener
    Filed under:
  • 08-20-2007 6:14 AM In reply to

• ProGram
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • NRW, Germany
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Re: beomaster 3300 power issue

Hi Jeff!

You're lucky having a manual. I do not and cannot find in beoworlld either. Best method to test: find out the power-supply:  Usually, it is running all time, so you should measure a resistance in the powerlead. (some hundred ohms; is there a primary on-off-switch?). Just tip at the mains-plug. If there is no value, the transformer is broken. To be sure, you can measure the transformer itself. In most cases there is a built-in thermo-fuse and sometimes, it can be replaced. If the transformer is working, go on looking for the supply- voltages eg.: 12V, 5V, those for the controller. Maybe a rectifier?...

Good luck !

Chris 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)