in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-25-2012 7:37 PM by Step1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2012 11:52 AM

INTRODUCTION TO THE NEW FORUM -- Pre-Launch Information

As previously announced by Lee we will be launching the new Beoworld Forum on 1st March 2012.

Whilst we had considered changing the domain address on switchover, in the end for many reasons we decided to leave it at http://forum.beoworld.org meaning that you will not need to change your bookmarks etc. in your browser.

The new Forum now has the same "Look & Feel" as the Beoworld web site along with several new features. One useful feature added to most forums is the ability for a thread starter to define if it is a "Question" or "Discussion". If a question is defined and a subsequent accepted answer is provided, then that answer is automatically placed next to the question meaning you don't need to search the whole thread for an answer.

There is also a "Technical Wiki" where Gold members can add detailed technical articles which can be added too by others and or commented on. I will be adding all the current data found in Beotech updated in the Wiki section. Also, software status, PUC, STB-C and much more will be added in the Wiki.

The changeover process will be as follows:-

1. After the Prize Draw on the last day of February, I will be changing over the DNS settings to our new server. As this process changes all the DNS servers around the world, it will take up to 24 hours for them all to be updated. Most will be updated in Europe within a few hours.
    2. Subsequent to the changeover, I will be making THIS forum "Read Only" and it will become the "Archived" forum at http://archived.beoworld.org/forums
    3. The archived forum will show everything up to the last day of February by the 2nd March.

On the Forums HOME page of the new forum there are hyperlinks to all the archived forums and you will be able to still search the forums as you can today. You can also link a new thread to any archived thread/posts from the new forum.

If you are logged into your account there is no need to log out and login again to access the new forum, but the very first time you go to the new forum it will auto register you and show that you have joined if you view the HOME page. The most important first task is to update your "Profile" by clicking the "Edit your Profile" at the top of the page. Note that your posts count will start at zero. Those members who wish to keep their post count from the old forum should send me a PM AFTER 1st March on the new forum and I will manually update it.

If there are any questions at all about the changeover, then please post them here..

Regards Keith....

• 02-25-2012 12:03 PM In reply to

Re: INTRODUCTION TO THE NEW FORUM -- Pre-Launch Information

Good luck Keith, I hope that as an IT roll-out it goes smoothly and all you preparation yields you a good night's sleep.

Keith Saunders:
    If a question is defined and a subsequent accepted answer is provided, then that answer is automatically placed next to the question meaning you don't need to search the whole thread for an answer.

Interesting ... of course we often have conflicting "answers" - us being experts and all that Laughing

Keith Saunders:
    There is also a "Technical Wiki" where Gold members can add detailed technical articles which can be added too by others and or commented on. I will be adding all the current data found in Beotech updated in the Wiki section. Also, software status, PUC, STB-C and much more will be added in the Wiki.

excellent !!!!!!!!

Keith Saunders:
    your posts count will start at zero. Those members who wish to keep their post count from the old forum should send me a PM AFTER 1st March on the new forum and I will manually update it.

Since this will be the fourth time (I think) my count will be reset to zero it is all rather academic ... I just wish we could have had archive versions of all the previous incarnations ... only this week I wanted to refer to a post I made in 2005 Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-25-2012 7:37 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Re: INTRODUCTION TO THE NEW FORUM -- Pre-Launch Information

Looking forward to this :)

Olly.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)