in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2012 11:22 AM by Audiofriends. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2012 8:48 PM

Replacement speaker grill and speaker wire BEovox M100-2

Need help in finding a replacement speaker grill cover. Also need speaker wire with connectors that are USA compatible. Thanks for all ideas.Speakers are vintage Beovox M100-2.

• 02-21-2012 1:00 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Re: Replacement speaker grill and speaker wire BEovox M100-2

1914mvs:

Need help in finding a replacement speaker grill cover. Also need speaker wire with connectors that are USA compatible. Thanks for all ideas.Speakers are vintage Beovox M100-2.

You can find the speaker cable on Ebay from seller "lazerwave."  I think you want DIN female on one end to go onto the Beovox speakers, and bare wire on the other end to hook up to a receiver.  If yes, here's one option at 10'.  (<rant>Note:  don't try going to ebay and searching on "lazerwave."  Search will change it to "laser wave" because it thinks you don't know how to spell.</rant>)

Personally, I just put a new terminal cup on my Beovox speakers (five pairs and counting).  I use this one.

Now, the "replacement speaker grill cover."  Do you mean the whole grill, or just the cloth?  If you mean the whole grill, you're not going to find a replacement.  You'll need to find another donor pair of speakers.  You can build one yourself, of course, something I've done (not that well), and so has Soren Mexico.  Look at Soren Mexico's Beovox 3702 restoration thread.

If just the cloth, you have dozens of options.

(By the way, "grills" are usually referred to here as "frets."  Search on "fret" on this forum for other ideas.)

Good luck, and welcome to Beoworld.

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 02-24-2012 11:22 AM In reply to

Re: Replacement speaker grill and speaker wire BEovox M100-2

Dear Sir / Madam,

On http://www.audiofriends.nl/luidsprekers/accessoires/page23.html you can see how to change the grill cover.

Best regards, Fred

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)