in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2012 12:18 PM by wundabua. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2012 1:49 PM

Beosound 1 timer function?

Hi anyone

I own a second-hand Beosound 1 which I was very happy with until now. Just recently I wanted to relocate ist into the bedroom and use it as wake-up timer. That's when I found out that my Beosound 1 is probably from the first year of production and does  not include the timer functionality. I just assume this, as somewhere on the web I found a statement that the Timer functionality was added to the system in 2002.

Before I contact my local dealer I want to know if someone out there can confirm this and knows if an update option exists.

kind regards

Klement.

Filed under:
  • 02-16-2012 3:41 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosound 1 timer function?

It is true that there are 2 different BS1 models, one with the timer, one without.  I also have an early BS1 without the timer option.

This was discussed on the forum years ago, and, if I recall correctly, there is no upgrade option.

Stan

• 02-16-2012 6:19 PM In reply to

I'd consider getting BeoTime. Which is far better than the built-in one on board of the BeoSound 1. I would always forget to set the stupid timer at night and wake up in panic because I'm late. Since BeoTime became a part of my nitgh stand, I'm no longer late for anything.

• 02-24-2012 12:18 PM In reply to

Thank you for the recommendation. 

I will go for the BeoTime option as it is also the cheapest solution already having the beosound 1.

klement. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)