in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-05-2012 9:32 AM by pinky6. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2012 2:56 PM

• pinky6
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-14-2012
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

4002 Beogram issue with yellow solenoid

Hello I have an issue with a 4002 that I recieved about 5 years ago and it was my main turntable for about 3 years ago. Well I wanted to clean and lube it up a bit as it was darting to squeel as the tone ARM returned to home. Well I searched on here and the net and I followed someone instructions and used some sewing machine oil as directed on the points he had shown in his directions. Well one of the points of lubrication was the yellow solenoid at the point nearest the back of the machine where the plunged travels into this yellow cylinder. I believe I was using it a while but I had started smelling this unique smell of like a burning bandaid or electrical. All the sudden this yellow thing started smoking and the sound shutoff but could hear the needle still creating sound internally inside the cart . However not through the amp and speakers. If someone can give me detailed instructions of how to remove this yellow pc I could get back to enjoying my vinyl collection on my favorite deck. Thanks. Oh I guess I should mention that I tried hooking this 4002 back up today after 2 years of being out of my system and it actually worked for about 40 seconds until this selenoid heated up and sound was gone again but again the smell. Ok hope some

• 01-15-2012 11:41 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Re: 4002 Beogram issue with yellow solenoid

Hi, and welcome!

Have a look at Graham's thread!

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/34064.aspx?PageIndex=1

Jacques

• 01-24-2012 10:56 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Hi,

It would be nice to have news you know. Sad

Jacques

• 02-04-2012 7:11 PM In reply to

• pinky6
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-14-2012
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Big SmileWell I got side tracked on another project, but felt like looking at the tt again today. Sorry for the delay in updateing. Well I did take the solenoid out and felt good about getting that out. I did what someone suggested and sprayed some deoxit in Solenoid since it had some sewing machine oil in it from instructions I followed about lubricating machine. Reinstalled solenoid after drying out and tried it out and nothing changed as it got very hot. Now here is the thing I have a 4004 that I didn't pay much for but it works fine. It is type 5526 and the 4002 is a type 5503. Can I use the solenoid from the 4004 and use it in the 4002. Wanted to check here before I risk ruining the good solenoid. I also would like to know if someone might have one of these solenoids for mine Laying around. If not how about someone that can rewind mine. I'm in Fort Wayne Indiana, thanks.

• 02-04-2012 11:55 PM In reply to

• pinky6
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-14-2012
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Well just an update as I found the reason being the solenoid was getting hot! It was the missing playoff pc On the the solenoid lever as the lever wasn't activating the switch. This allowed it too take on too much Current. So I glued a pc of plastic on the lever and kept my fingers crossed. I plugged it in and turned it on and Wouldn't you know it the solenoid stayed cool. Now I was excited.I was hopeful since when I tried a month or so ago to play The tt it worked for 40 seconds before the sound shut off. So when I got it all connected again to my stereo I put on Gorrilaz plastic beach and hit start. My 4002 never sounded better. This made my weekened. Thanks Jacques for the thread recommendation it was a big help. In regards to the 6000 disaster.

• 02-05-2012 8:08 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

I would personally look for that bit of plastic before it binds against the slide transport and causes more problems.

Also, try not to be sending allsorts into the solonoid in the future nothing wrong with singer oil (in measured quantities) although it could be argued whether the solonoid actually needs lubing or not! I would say this is definately not the place for de-oxit!

Olly.

• 02-05-2012 9:32 AM In reply to

• pinky6
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-14-2012
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Well I hope it lasts . So far so good. I love deoxit but your probably right, but not much I can do about it now. I will look some more for the missing pc. Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)