in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-12-2012 11:36 AM by CasperI. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2012 4:15 PM

• Toby
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-04-2010
    • Worthing
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Beosound 3000 doors

Hi,

I brought a Beosound off ebay which has turned up and the doors are not aligned and do not open fully or if at all.

Having had a quick scan through the forum I see that this is common with the overture. How easy s it to fix. I have had a look at the service manual. Is it better to get a service centre to do it or can an amateur do it at home?

Thanks

• 01-12-2012 7:39 AM In reply to

• Toby
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-04-2010
    • Worthing
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosound 3000 doors

Hi,

Going to attampt to look at this tonight (removing doors, taking the BS300 apart and trying to find out what is wrong with the cables).

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thank

Toby

• 01-12-2012 11:23 AM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm of the impression it's not a do-it-yourself job.  Please keep us posted!

• 01-12-2012 11:36 AM In reply to

I will not excactly recommend doing this at home, but here is something that might help you:

To align the doors, remove the back of the BS3000. In the top and bottom there are 4 screws holding the wire (2 each side). If the doors are closed, they will be pretty close to eachother. Do not screw them all the way out, just loosen them. Start with either top or bottom. Press the doors together as much as possible and make shure they are centered. Tighten the screws and move on to the other 4 screws. When looking good, connect to mains and open/close the doors. Now they might not close as pretty as you just made them, but then you have to do it again. You have to repeat this until the doors sit as close as possible and align nicely (though make shure the doores doesn't slam together when closening, some can do this).

If this not help your opening/closening problem i will suggest a good cleaning.  Take a swab and some cleaning benzine and clean the tracks where the doors slide. This is often enough if its a little dusty. If this doesn't do the trick it is problably a worn out door motor or a worn out rubberring.

Hope this can help you Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)