in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2012 5:07 PM by Steffen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2012 7:19 PM

BeoGram 8002 -arm not lowering

I've just bought a Beogram 8002 very cheap, with a functioning MMC4 pickup.

Only problem is that the arm will not always lower. I press Play - the arm moves to the edge of the record -but sometimes it will not be lowered onto the record. When it finally does, it is almost a free fall (no dampening). It plays perfectly (when the arm has lowered) -no speed differences - no 'dead' points in the horizontal arm movements.

I've read on another thread (from 2008) about a Beogram 8000 which had the problem. There was something about a switch under the cover at the arm parking position -and then there was a picture posted by Martin (dillen). Unfortunately this picture does not open anymore. Are you able to post it again, Martin if you read this?

How about the dampening of the arm vertically -is it mechanical or electronic?

Thank You, in advance.

Steffen

• 01-10-2012 9:41 PM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

Re: BeoGram 8002 -arm not lowering

The rapid descent of the tone arm is a very common problem, and can speed up the deterioration process of the stylus suspension.  I once owned a TX with the same problem and I cringed every time I saw my MMC-2 mash into the record.

The damping is electronically controlled and a fix is mentioned in this earlier thread.

• 01-11-2012 5:07 PM In reply to

Re: BeoGram 8002 -arm not lowering

Thank you for the link. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)