in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-03-2012 2:12 AM by elephant. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2012 6:22 PM

Beolab 4000 Powerlink & Beolab 3500

Hi, i am new here, but as i am redoing my living room with a massive TV as main focus in the room i am going to use my Beolab 4000 speakers as the sound system for the TV. Now i read that the powerlink can supply audio settings from speaker 1 to speaker 2, but can i also supply ELECTRICAL POWER?

I might unintelligent, but it states in manuals that is can utilize this to power on and off the speakers..... but would that mean that i do not need to power one speaker seperately?

I am wondering if i should upgrade and add a Beolab 3500 speaker bar..... but would this enhance my system or would it only work as a seperate unit without other speakers for my TV system?

(i do not have a B&O TV ..... 46" Sony Bravia XBR.

thanks so much

thomas

• 01-03-2012 2:12 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab 4000 Powerlink & Beolab 3500

Hi Thomas, the name "powerlink" fooled me to when I first came across it.

So no, it does *not* supply the electrical power needed by the ICE amps inside the active speakers; so you will still need to separate power cords.

What the powerlink cable does do, is switch the active speakers from standby mode (their little eyes (sorry LEDs) are glowing red) to active mode (green glow).

There appear to be a number of different Sony models that match the term '46" Sony Bravia XBR' so can you provide a precise model number ?  The reason I am asking is that active speakers with their own buil-in amplifiers should *not* be coupled to say a 20W output.

Also the Sony seems to have its own built-in speakers (e.g. the 20W reference) how do you intend to "disable" them, or are they to be the centre speaker ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)