in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-12-2011 1:11 PM by vikinger. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-12-2011 1:11 PM

Beware of usedmagz.com

Not eBay, but this is an on-line magazine store that has also sold through Amazon.

I purchased two rare magazines, with international flat rate postage of $11.50, from this website back in October. The website says allow 8-11 weeks for international delivery. Nothing was delivered. No acknowledgement received of the original purchase. The magazines just came up as sold on the website.

The alarm bells started to ring after getting no responses to emails sent via their website, and then getting bounced messages. Too late to do anything via PayPal who require you to submit a dispute for resolution within 45 days. A query to the webmaster about whether the site owner was still in business got no reply.

PayPal are useless because once the 45 days is up you can't even post a warning to them that they are transferring payments to a potentially fraudulent site, nevermind get a refund (and I am not prepared to ring the PayPal helpline and get charged for listening to music while I wait).

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)