in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-03-2011 7:33 PM by brome1030. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2011 10:39 PM

Beolab 2 with Sony STR-DH520

Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

I recently inherited a few B&O products. A client was throwing things out and in the shuffle I was given two Beolab1’s and a beolab2. While I’ve discovered that using the beolab1’s with my current surround sound is not going to happen, I still hold out hope for using the beolab2 sub however. I visited a B&O store and purchased the sub connector as well as a makeshift cable that is supposed to bypass issues with using the sub in a non b&o system. As of today I cannot get the sub to leave standby and turn on, everything seems to be plugged in according to all known setups, yet nothing comes out of it. Is anyone familiar with known issues, or something I’m perhaps missing in the setup? I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Equipment currently in use

5 speaker canton plus xs surround sound

-       4 speakers (little installed in the front and back mounted on the wall)

-       1 center speaker  

-       Sony STR-DH520 Receiver

-       Beolab2 Subwoofer.

-       Samsung 55’ LED 3D TV U6000 series( approximate series)

Thanks,

Bryce  

• 12-01-2011 12:05 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab 2 with Sony STR-DH520

Does this "sub connector" you got from the shop include a wall transformer that outputs 5-12V DC?

• 12-01-2011 12:10 AM In reply to

Yes, they made it in-store it had left/right av inputs one for the sub out cable and one used to connect to the reciever. 

• 12-03-2011 3:41 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Yes but does it have a transformer that is a 5-12V DC output?  Your Sub needs a 5-12V trigger to turn on.  It sounds like your shop didn't supply it for you.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 12-03-2011 7:33 PM In reply to

Along with the standard power supply I have a 9v dc output as well. The sub av plug goes into an av input from the 9v. I then took another av cable to go to the back of the receiver. So I have the trigger, but still nothing. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)