in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-01-2011 1:43 PM by hugo_habicht. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-28-2011 2:20 PM

Dimensions needed for Beovox floor stands

Hello,

I need a set of floor stands for Beovox 80.2 speakers.   I think the number is 6017.   Since the asking price on relevant auction web sites reached levels where DIY makes economical sense I decided to make them myself.   Unfortunately I could not find the correct dimensions here on this web site.   I would apreciate if somebody has set of those stands and could measure the main dimensions and the size of the steel sections used (bottom frame and cross bar) and post them here.   Furthermore a detail picture of the adjustment screw would me most helpful.

Kind regards,

Hagen

• 11-28-2011 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: Dimensions needed for Beovox floor stands

CHECK HERE

S45 DIMENSIONS

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 11-28-2011 4:30 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

The stands for Beovox S45(6427)/S55/S80/S80.2/S120 is type 6017 and has a height of 52cm.
    The ones for Beovox S45-2(6312) is type 6013 and has a height of apprx. 44cm.
    They have the same fitting and footprint, only the height differs.
    Both types were produced in two versions; One has the vertical bar welded to the square foot,
    the other has an allen hex screw from below.

Martin

• 11-29-2011 4:34 PM In reply to

Hello Søren and Martin,

thank you very much for the fast and detailed reply Smile!   The welding operation can start as soon as I found the steel sections.

Would you have any information about this third adjustment screw on the vertical bar?   I have pictures but the resolution is not very good.   It looks like a big black knob and I am only guessing that it is used for adjusting the speaker angle.   I have seen the stands years ago but I don't remember it to this detail.

Kind Regards,

Hagen

• 11-29-2011 4:51 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Yes, the screw on the vertical part is for setting the angle of the speaker.
    It's a screw with its head cast into a rubber bumper.
    A fingerwheel-type washer sits behind it to tighten against the metal to lock the chosen position.

Martin

• 11-29-2011 6:12 PM In reply to

I made it with a M5 screw, hexagonal nut and a brass knob pressed on the head of the screw

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 11-30-2011 1:50 AM In reply to

Hello Søren and Martin,

thank you for the information.   I think I'll be able to construct something very close to the Original; I don't think I'll be able to get it 100% correct like the Original anyway; I have my doubts that I can even get the correct steel sections here on this island.

Kind regards,

Hagen

• 11-30-2011 6:27 AM In reply to

hugo_habicht:
    I have my doubts that I can even get the correct steel sections here on this island.

I don't think there's much point in going to that much detail - it'll take an expert to notice the difference, and they will probably recognize a replica anyway! The most important thing is to get the proportions right. I'm sure the designers spent a lot of time thinking about them, and any variations will probably make it look just odd.

That having said, I bought my S80.2's with stands from an old architect. He apparently wasn't happy with the original setting, as he had made new mounting holes in the speakers to make them sit 8.5 cm lower. I have to admit the end result looked a lot more stable and convincing. But being a slave to originality, I have them installed in the original holes...

-mika

• 12-01-2011 1:43 PM In reply to

Hello Mika,

I agree.   I know I can get 25x12.5mm sections and I think that should be acceptable.    I might be able to get 25x15 in stainless steel.  I will definitely use the original dimensions.   The whole purpose of the stands is to get the speakers off the ground so lowering them defeats the purpose.    I bought my speakers a good while ago in an auction and last weekend finally found some time to replace the speaker rings.   Now all that is missing to put them into use are the stands.

Kind Regards,

Hagen

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)