in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-08-2011 1:54 PM by jotaking. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2011 1:54 PM

BOSE to B&O

Hi

I am thinking of changing my current BOSE set up which consists of: -

Main Lounge

BOSE Lifestyle 48
    PS3/Blu Ray
    Apple TV 2ND GEN
    SKY+HD/3D
    Philips 58" 21:9 3D TV

Zone 2 - Linked via Bose multi room

42" Panasonic TV
    Sky+ HD
    2no BOSE SA3 Amps used in tandem
    4 x191 ceiling speakers (2 on each amp)
    1 x BOSE Remote

Zone 3 -Not linked

Beolab 1 
    46" Panasonic Plasma
    Apple TV 1st Gen - This is the main source for the beolab 1 tv runs via internal speakers.

I currently use my ATV's with the iPhone & iPad remote to play music, photos and videos I'm my lounge and Zone 3.

The main bose system in my lounge controls all my inputs and I can use the bose remote to operate everything other than ATV. It is very intuitive and easy to use with a good GUI.

I am considering moving over from Bose in my main room to Bang and Olufsen. I do not want to change my TV as it is virtually new and I wouldn't want to go back to 16:9 now I have 21"9.
    So, my ideal set up would be: -

Lounge
    AV receiver with 3D throughput to control everything via 1 remote and multi room with good GUI and pre outs for B&O Speakers.
    As the amplification will be done by speakers I don't think I need a powerhouse amp for this, is this the case?

Speakers 
    front & sub - Beolab 5
    rear - Beolab 3
    centre - Beolab 7-6

The great thing with Bose is that everything is quite small and indiscreet. However, I have heard the b&o and they are absolutely amazing. Although they are more intrusive than the Bose IMHO they look good and sound much better. 
    In an ideal world I want something that looks sleek, is really easy to use (on/off), intuitive and sounds superb. I would like a simple remote in each room or maybe iPhone app to control??

I would like to keep my BOSE 191 as they are all cut into the ceiling.
    The SA3 BOSE amps that power the 191's have RCA aux inputs, however I think the signal would need to be split as each amp has it's own L&R input and I would be using them in tandem to power 4 speakers.

A tall order! 

Any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks
    Steve

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)