in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-02-2011 12:11 AM by Jonathan. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-31-2011 6:49 PM

• synth
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-31-2011
    • Posts 18
    • Bronze Member

Beovision 8-32 and controlling external devices?

Howdy,

This is my first Beoworld post, so hello to all.....Smile

I now have an 8-32 and have an older DVD1   dvd player that I am using via s-video into my old Sony flat screen tv.

Now that I have the BV8, I managed to get the DVD1 to play through AV3 using component input rather than scart. And yes it was rather enjoyable.

I'm still getting my head around what you can and cant do with B&O gear and how one bit integrates with other bits, so would I be right in thinking that I could connect the DVD1 to the AV3 scart connection, and be able to use the Beo4 remote to control the DVD1 as well, or is the DVD1 be too old to do this with please?

B&O isnt exactly forthcoming with backward compatibility, or perhaps I've been looking in the worng spots for answers. I dont like to bug dealers with tech questions  -  I'm trying to set up my home with B&O gear so I have a decent ( but fun )  learning curve ahead of me.Laughing

Any thoughts most welcome....

Cheers

• 11-02-2011 12:11 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 8-32 and controlling external devices?

Hi,

Welcome to Beoworld!!

If you have the manual for the Beovision, it will show you how to assign your DVD1 in the setup menu of the TV. Connect the DvD1 to one of the AV connections and go in to the menu and assign that connection to 'DVD'. Your DVD1 will then work with your Beo4! Simple! A 21 Pin Scart connection is preferred, rather than the component cable.

Good luck! and Welcome to Beoworld!!! Yes -  thumbs up

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)