in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2011 2:10 PM by Jakelepeg. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-31-2011 2:31 PM

• Jakelepeg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2011
    • Midi-Pyrenees, France
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Remove timer on Beomaster 7000

I have recently acquired the Beomaster 7000 and cannot stop it from switching on early morning.

Unfortunately, it did not come with a remote but, not being able to afford £70 for a used unit, I have acquired a generic copy which appears to work well with the exception of not being able to adjust bass and treble.

I can turn the timer off (TIMER OFF appears in panel) but, the unit still switches on early morning. I am wondering if perhaps it has been set on an all singing all dancing remote and will require same to disable it.

• 11-01-2011 8:13 AM In reply to

Re: Remove timer on Beomaster 7000

Correct. If the timer was set up with a Beolink 7000 then you will need the same remote to cancel it!

Regards Graham

• 11-01-2011 8:52 AM In reply to

• Jakelepeg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2011
    • Midi-Pyrenees, France
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Many thanks for that, I wondered if that was the case.

Guess I am going to learn to live with it as the Beolink 7000 is certainly not on an OAPs shopping list. 

• 11-01-2011 11:06 AM In reply to

• Jakelepeg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2011
    • Midi-Pyrenees, France
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Grasping at straws - I don't suppose there is a factory reset on the machine.

• 11-01-2011 11:14 AM In reply to

Unfortunately no. As far as I know, the only "abnormal" way of clearing the timers is disconnecting the backup battery in the CPU module and thus clearing the entire NVRAM. It's quite a bit of disassembly work and requires some service mode reprogramming afterwards.

-mika

• 11-01-2011 11:59 AM In reply to

• Jakelepeg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2011
    • Midi-Pyrenees, France
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

That will be a no then !!

Many thanks.

• 11-01-2011 1:00 PM In reply to

You could of course ask a dealer if you have one nearby - it's a bit of a long shot, but perhaps they have a Beolink 7000 either at the shop or somebody who works there owns one. It will only take a minute to check if it recognizes any programmed timers and delete them.

The timer might have been programmed with an MCP or a Beolink 5000 as well, but it's impossible to say until you try!

-mika

• 11-01-2011 1:17 PM In reply to

The BM7000 has 2 different sorts of timers. One ist used for the MCP, the other sort is used for the BL7000.

Surprisingly neither the MCP sees the timers programmed with the BL7000 nor vice versa!

Maybe a bug, maybe a feature...

• 11-01-2011 1:46 PM In reply to

• Jakelepeg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2011
    • Midi-Pyrenees, France
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

My nearest dealer is around 100 kms away and my knowledge of the French language is limited (an understatement) and the chance of them maintaining ancient equipment is pretty low I guess.

I have no way of checking at what time the machine comes to life but, I know it's after 01:00 and before 08:30.

So, I think the most effective and economic way of halting the unwanted start up is to employ a normal cheap timer and have it programmed to commence at, say, 09:00. That should do the trick.

In a way, I am sorry to have purchased the BM7000 as it was only the unit which was bought. To get it up and running I have had to buy special DIN adapter leads (4) speaker plugs with leads (2)and a Beolink 1000 compatible remote which does appear to be effective except I cannot get it to adjust balance.

I am not sure that the overall cost has been worthwhile and that maybe I should have invested in  a current middle of the road amplifier.

C'est la vie.

Thanks to all who have responded - it certainly is a worldwide community.

• 11-09-2011 1:34 PM In reply to

Hi Jakelepeg

Why don't you switch the timer off? You can do this by pushing the left and the right switch of your beomaster at the same time. The beomaster will write "timer off" on the display.

I hope this answer doesn't come to late...

best regards

• 11-09-2011 2:19 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

beowild:

Hi Jakelepeg

Why don't you switch the timer off? You can do this by pushing the left and the right switch of your beomaster at the same time. The beomaster will write "timer off" on the display.

I hope this answer doesn't come to late...

best regards

Thanks for this suggestion but, reading the very first post in this thread, I take it that has
    already been tried. It's the second timer setup that needs a reset.

Martin

• 11-09-2011 2:20 PM In reply to

• Jakelepeg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2011
    • Midi-Pyrenees, France
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

Despite doing this, it is still coming on in the morning. Strangely enough it hasn't come on over the last 4 days and I thought I had cracked it. But, this morning I awoke early and the machine had switched on. I can only assume that maybe, over the past few days it had come on early and then switched off before I was awake. I guess it needs the correct remote to disable it but they are all a bit pricey.

• 11-10-2011 1:51 PM In reply to

Why not just turn it off on the wall socket. That also saves you a lot of money otherwise spent on power in stand by mode.

• 11-10-2011 2:10 PM In reply to

• Jakelepeg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-03-2011
    • Midi-Pyrenees, France
    • Posts 13
    • Bronze Member

That's exactly where I am at now. Just such a shame that a smart piece of kit like this just isn't.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)