in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-29-2011 1:13 PM by Carolpa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-29-2011 4:33 AM

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 5 Pin Code

I just purchased a Beosound 5 Encore and when i first turn it on it asks for a pin code.  What on earth do I put in???  I'm reading the manual and it looks like the system should have just turned on without this activated.  Have I bought a returned product from a B&O store?  Help would be appreciated!

• 10-29-2011 4:57 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 5 Pin Code

The Beosound 5 encore comes standard with a pin code. The dealer you bought it from must supply you one. Then you can replace the factory code woth your own code. It's a theft protection pin code.

if you not bought it by a Bang & Olufsen dealer i assume you will have a problem. so i hope you bought it by a Bang & Olufsen dealer and he forgot to give you the pin code.

• 10-29-2011 5:01 AM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

That's absolutely dissapointing to hear, now I have to wait all weekend for my lousy B&O dealer to open.  These things should come out of the factory disabled.  Now I have to disconnect the system and install my old system.  

• 10-29-2011 6:35 AM In reply to

Check your sales invoice, many dealers with put the pin code on the invoice! 

Ron

• 10-29-2011 6:53 AM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Really wish it was on the invoice!  Painful wait ahead, and now that I think about it this has ahppened to me twice before many years ago and had to wait until the Monday.

Hurry up B&O with the 2 way capability with the Beo6!

• 10-29-2011 1:13 PM In reply to

PentaIII:
    These things should come out of the factory disabled.

If it is factory disabled it would be a very interesting device to fall of a truck!

but for sure your dealer should know better. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)