in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-14-2011 3:57 PM by bjorklund. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-12-2011 9:52 AM

Doing a unholy installation.. BEO5/6 remote without BEO products.. at all!

The config tools kinda refuse to start without adding some genuine BEO products.

Could it be possible to add a normal plasma TV as the main guy and have that one as the "master", and after that adding the other stuff.

My plan is to have a complete system remote with high WAF (wife acceptance factor :).

Samsung 50" plasma 7-series

Sonos (can not be remoted at the moment.. looking into IR - > upnp command bridge mmmmaybe?)

Boxee-box (verry nice media-center for the tv. normaly RF base controlled but can be rebuilt with IR-USB)

Roof windows (IR-controlled curtains)

So, my main questions right now are 

1. xml-hacking so we can start with a non-BEO product in the configuration

2. documentation how to do the macros

3. converting pronto-codes to beo5 compatible ones. The links to the lintronic config app requires license to work?

4. The 3rd party XML tool cannot open already made xml´s. This would be nice as it much easier to overview whats in the xml and modify it.

• 10-12-2011 11:13 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Re: Doing a unholy installation.. BEO5/6 remote without BEO products.. at all!

Maybe you just have to add a B&O product on your configuration, and HIDE the menu item (ok, it will take a place on the screen, but normally you can survive with less than 12 items!

• 10-12-2011 1:30 PM In reply to

mbee:

Maybe you just have to add a B&O product on your configuration, and HIDE the menu item (ok, it will take a place on the screen, but normally you can survive with less than 12 items!

I will try that.

But I just made a misstake...

Went to the dealer and swapped the table charger to a wall mounted one, just to discover that it has no USB-connection. :(

So, where do I get a second beo5 charger cheap? Just need it for programing.

• 10-13-2011 11:05 AM In reply to

The first point to make is that you must add at least one B&O product to your configuration mainly because it then sets up a place for "Accessories" which you will need to add all your non B&O 3rd party products. I normally add a TV and then hide the buttons when in EDIT

If you are only going to control non B&O products, then each of those products will need to have its own XML file made for it. Because the B&O Configuration Tool limits you when it comes to macros with third party products, you should do all that within the product XML file, then its just drag-n-drop into the configuration in the B&O Tool.

These days you do need a licence to use the Lintronic software which can produce basic XML files using RAW encoding ONLY.

However, Pronto HEX codes can be converted and I would be happy to assist you in their conversion.

The 3rd party XML tool found on Beoworld takes Lintronic timing codes and converts to RAW encoding XML file. No hard keys or macros can be pre-assigned within this tool. Whilst, it would be useful as a means to learn more about the configuration and syntax of the XML files, it would also be quite a lot of work to provide a reverse facility.

There is really two core ways to find the IR codes to produce a 3rd party XML file:-

1. Capture the IR codes from the original remote
    2. Find Pronto HEX codes on the web at such sites as remotecentral.com HERE or where the product uses NEC protocol, then often the codes are found on the manufacturers web site.

If you don't have a capture device and don't wish to purchase a cheap one, then you will have to find the codes on the web, once you have the codes, the protocol can be determined which in turn tells us how to build the associated XML file.

Regards Keith....

• 10-14-2011 8:54 AM In reply to

Why not modify the XML and fooling the Beo-config tool that a Samsung TV is a Beo product? Any downside to that?

To bad Lintronic need registration. Maybe we should build a java applet that could convert? 

I found a different program yesterday that said it could convert Pronto Hex to RAW... not sure if its the same raw format BEO like.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8125

It has some export functions...

• 10-14-2011 3:57 PM In reply to

Hi Keith.

Im a little ashame sending you this big xls chart with the codes.

Im scanning the hole internet for a converter so I can do this manual work my self.

It would be cool to have the converting tool built in your xml application!

Cheers!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)