in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-13-2011 12:26 PM by chartz. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-11-2011 8:22 PM

• adjonk
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-12-2011
    • paris, france
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Beogram 3000 spinning problem

Hello everyone,

I'm new to bang and olufsen, as well as to the forums. I've went already through some topics and people here really seam nice and willing to help.

I acquired recently B&O Beogram 3000 type 5228, and have almost the same problem as asked here:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/5103.aspx

The '17' mode works as it should, except that when the vinyl is being played and I press the lift button, the stylus doesn't go back to the base position, but instead just...well lifts above the vinyl. 

The other modes don't seem to work at all. When I select the '25' mode, I can hear a very soft noise of the engine running, but when I press lift, nothing happenes, except that the light turns on and remains that way.

Also, I didn't succeed at lifting the sub-platter (the one beneath the regular platter).

If anyone managed to solve the same issue, i would be really thankful for some hints on how to get rid of the problem.

p.s. I didn't find the manual anywhere, if anyone has one scanned, that would be great.

• 10-12-2011 4:21 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram 3000 spinning problem

The full service manual is available on this site TO GOLD MEMBERS!

Why not upgrade your membership!

Ron

• 10-12-2011 8:08 PM In reply to

• adjonk
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-12-2011
    • paris, france
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

thanks langleyav,

the good news is that I managed to get the original manual from the guy who sold it to me.

the bad news is that the platter stopped spinning dompletely :(

i can hear a very low sound of the motor (it has the contact)

i managed to lift the second platter, and the belt is on the right place.

anyone has an idea what can be the issue?

• 10-12-2011 8:39 PM In reply to

• adjonk
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-12-2011
    • paris, france
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

fixed!

I couldn't settle until I found a solution, this thread helped me enormusly :)

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/34912/289976.aspx#289976

anyways, the solution was to move a bit the wheel spinning the cable towards the front of the deck using a finger. now all the speeds work great. amazing piece of equipment.

thanks to everyone!

• 10-13-2011 9:10 AM In reply to

• DSJR
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-01-2008
    • Suffolk
    • Posts 31
    • Bronze Member

Just a quickie, as all these decks suffer so - make sure the bracket holding the idler assembly is free to move back and forth. B&O used a particular grease that turned into vaseline very quickly (ten years or less) and then siezed altogether. Somehow, you'll have to free this pivot off so that the belt alone pulls it into position. I was able to do this on mine while keeping the idler clean and it now works just fine.

By the way and regarding comments on the other thread too. Even when new, the belt always came off if fitted and the platter spun without the top platter in place.

• 10-13-2011 12:26 PM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

DSJR:

Even when new, the belt always came off if fitted and the platter spun without the top platter in place.

Ditto on my Beocenter 3500. Seems normal because the subplatter belt groove finds itself not aligned with the pulley so the belt stupidly slips down !

Jacques

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)