in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2011 10:51 AM by koning. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2011 2:53 AM

Are there any HW updates planned for the BS5 unit

Hi

Before I go out and buy a BS5 (it is considered for this year), I would like to know if there are any updates planned for the BS5 unit.
    Not in the SW, but in the HW.

Since the BS5E has some connections behind the screen, it might be that the BS5 will be updated also.

Thanks for your help.

Br.

There is something about B&O.....

Filed under:
  • 10-07-2011 4:22 AM In reply to

Re: Are there any HW updates planned for the BS5 unit

I'm not an expert and do not have a direct line to B&O secret marketing...but I can not imagine B&O doing any changes to the BS5; many things which could have been changed are now the "Encore"; an even the BM5 now has got a 1TB HDD - do not think they are going to include WLAN or Airplay if yes maybe in 5 years....but as I said before I do not have insight towards their secret labratory

regards elmar

• 10-07-2011 8:38 AM In reply to

I've heard that an add-on CD ripping drive is in the works. No CD playback. Only for CD ripping directly to the BeoMaster 5.

• 10-07-2011 9:57 AM In reply to

f5434964:
    do not think they are going to include WLAN or Airplay if yes maybe in 5 years....

Not the best examples for this topic - Airplay is completely software, and you can add WLAN/WiFi any day you want by simply plugging in an USB WiFi dongle (IMHO this is actually a better solution than some builtin hardware that gets out of date).

Same for the CD drive... somebody posted a long time ago how to rip from an USB drive. It'll be good if B&O releases a supported solution for that, though, as I would expect it to work more seamlessly and not need under the hood tinkering in service mode. But once again, I don't believe this needs any changes in the actual BM5 hardware.

-mika

• 10-07-2011 10:51 AM In reply to

I've heard that an add-on CD ripping drive is in the works. No CD playback. Only for CD ripping directly to the BeoMaster 5.

That would be great!Yes -  thumbs up

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)