in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-14-2011 5:28 AM by BeoIce. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2011 6:13 AM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Struer Design Cabinets

Hi everyone,

You may or may not have noticed, but Struer Design has been removed from the BeoWorld banners and no longer has a website.

My father became ill a couple of years ago and could no longer run the business as he was in and out of hospital. So, the business was passed over to me to run, along with the stock.

I'm afraid running LifeStyle AV and BeoWorld takes a good 12 hours a day, 6 days a week to run (Sundays are my only day off with my family) - and I simply didn't have the time to dedicate to Struer Design, which it needs.  It's been a very tough decision, but my quality of life matters to me - plus my commitments are already in place.

I have several BeoVision 7 and BeoVision 8 cabinets left, which I would like to offer to BeoWorld Members first if i may at a 50% discount.  This is much less than they cost to manufacture (the profit margin on the cabinets was tiny - about 15% as they are made of the best quality materials available) - so this represents a real bargain.

Shipping worldwide is no problem - we have custom made packaging all ready on standby.

Any remaining units will be given to dealers to sell at full retail on a sale or return basis, but i'd just like to offer BeoWorlders the chance for a bargain.

If you would like to see the cabinets, the BeoVision 7 Cabinet can be seen here - and the BeoVision 8 Cabinets can be seen here.  We also have some images of the BV8 cabinet with things like BeoSound 5 and BeoLab 3 on it, plus others.

I have never offered my business products directly before and have no plans to in the future - This is purely a one off as a goodwill gesture to members.  

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-14-2011 6:24 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Struer Design Cabinets

Vintage products look good too..

• 09-14-2011 6:27 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

and finally.. the drawers open.

This just shows that the BV8 Cabinet can not only be used for a BV8, but for other applications.

No more images now (unless requested) - the ball is in your court and i'll leave this offer open for 2 weeks.  After that, the cabinets will be shipped out to dealers.

Smile

• 09-14-2011 7:24 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Hi Lee,

I'm interested in one BV8 Cabinet.

May you please give me the dimensions? Is it available in white?

Kind regards,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 09-14-2011 7:48 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Hi,

Sorry - it's Henry Ford time on these. Any colour you like, so long as it's black.. Wink

You can visit the site at http://www.struerdesign.co.uk

The BV8-32 cabinet has exactly the same dimensions as the BV7-32 cabinet, but obviously with no cut-out for the BV7 motor base.

Once you get to the site it will ask for a Username and Password.  I have sent you a PM with these so you can access the site temporarily.

If anyone else would like dimensions by accessing the site, let me know and i'll PM you the passwords.

Lee

Smile

• 09-14-2011 11:15 AM In reply to

Hi Lee, 

I am sorry to hearing that your father is ill. I wish him and your family all the best. 

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 09-14-2011 11:40 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Larskoelle:

Hi Lee, 

I am sorry to hearing that your father is ill. I wish him and your family all the best. 

Thank you Lars,

Aside from heart problems, blood pressure problems and a knee replacement (with the other knee due to be done soon making it a 'full house' of new knees) he's resting, attending physio and very slowly feeling better.  

I really wish I'd had the time to pursue this, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on.  The time that's needed developing, redeveloping and further improving the products - along with so many third parties makes it an impossible task.   The products are so expensive to manufacture they simply cannot be sold for knock down prices, which is what people want.  

For instance, we had a large company wanting to distribute them to department stores across the UK and Ireland.  They cost around £800 to make, but they wanted to retail them at £499.   In order to get costs down to manufacturing them to sell at this level we would need to find new suppliers and manufacturers in the far east - with a minimum order of 1,500 units.

The supplier would commit to 100 as an initial order.. which may or may not have left me with 1,400 units, totally filling my warehouse, eating all of my money and leaving me with more stress and less time for BeoWorld, LifeStyle AV and my family.

No thank you.

Indifferent

• 09-16-2011 10:00 AM In reply to

Too bad, but in this case you just can't make it work as a sensible business case. The most important thing is that your dad gets well, the sooner the better. All the best to him.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-16-2011 11:35 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Hi mate, didn't realise your dad had been ill. Please pass on my best regards to him Lee.

Kind regards

Jonnie

• 10-14-2011 5:28 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

This is one of the BV8-40 cabinets Lee offered to us Beoworlders in my living room. Setup is not complete yet. I have to hide all the cables and need to make a piece of black painted metal on the back of the cabinet that will hide the outlets on the wall you see behind.

Thanks alot to Lee and all of Lifestyle-AV for this superb cabinet. Best wishes for your dad.

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)