in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-08-2011 4:34 AM by IanC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2011 11:48 AM

• IanC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-30-2011
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

BTVision support

Hi,

I’ve currently got a Sky set-top box that I can control from my Beo6 remote control, things work really well.

I want to switch from Sky to BtVision and Freesat (specifically this box:  EchoStar HDS-600RS). I don’t think there is standard support for controlling these devices from the Beo6.

I’ve had a quick look at the downloads section of this site, but don’t think anyone has created xml files for them.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to support these boxes?  I see on remotecentral there are downloads of Pronto codes for the BT box, but not the EchoStar one.  

Thanks,

Ian.

• 09-08-2011 4:34 AM In reply to

• IanC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-30-2011
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Re: BTVision support

Hi,

I’ve looked into this a little bit more now and found the following:

There seems to be a BTVision set top box in the PUC controllers section of the configuration tool.

There does not seem to be an entry for the EchoStar HDS-600RS box that I also want to use (A freesat box with a built in sling player).

I was under the impression I could create an xml file to add IR support for the freesat box, if I could gather the IR format it used from somewhere. I now think, that although this is still correct, this would only allow me to control the box directly from the Beo6. My set top boxes are hidden away, out of sight from the remote control. Am I correct that in order to command them from the remote control I need to set them up as a PUC Source?

As my box is not listed under the current list of PUC sources, adding them to the list would require the creation of an XML file that would live in ThirdParties\PUC Sources but also the TV to be updated with a corresponding configuration file, is this correct?

If this is correct am I right in guessing this would require a B&O dealer to program the TV?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ian.     

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)