in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-12-2007 4:14 AM by Dave. 27 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2007 2:46 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: I think the BV 7-40 is a little bit dark!

Beolab:

I'm just little tired of hearing that the old BV 7-40 MKII are rubbish, and the new one MKIII is the best and more and more.

No-one said that. The 'old' TV is still a quality TV. Even my old 2004 model BV7-32, with a HD source, is absolutely fantastic. Better than a friends' new Samsung 32". However, my BV7-32 only supports a single DVI, which isn't sufficient for my requirements. It doesn't upscale anything and DVI-based video doesn't go through the B&O video processors. It's a direct source.

Therefore, the fact the new TV has four HDMI sockets, upscales and so on, makes it an important release. Of course, an updated panel will offer an improvement over my old BV7, too. Bonus. 

• 07-11-2007 7:36 AM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    Beolab:

I'm just little tired of hearing that the old BV 7-40 MKII are rubbish, and the new one MKIII is the best and more and more.

No-one said that. The 'old' TV is still a quality TV. Even my old 2004 model BV7-32, with a HD source, is absolutely fantastic. Better than a friends' new Samsung 32". However, my BV7-32 only supports a single DVI, which isn't sufficient for my requirements. It doesn't upscale anything and DVI-based video doesn't go through the B&O video processors. It's a direct source.

Therefore, the fact the new TV has four HDMI sockets, upscales and so on, makes it an important release. Of course, an updated panel will offer an improvement over my old BV7, too. Bonus. 

Here we go again.. So the TV doesn't upscale you say? How do think you get full picture from a 576i signal when the panel have 1366x768 (720p) pixels to fill out??? It called scaling in one word.  And the DVI video does go through the B&O processors. Look in to the service menu. Feature box menu for example. Here you can select if you wont the COMB filter ON/OFF and if the Movie mode should be in Auto or ON/OFF . AGC ( Automatic gain controll) ON/OFF. This options alone are just affecting the DVI signal input. So you have wrong here too i´m a afraid...

I going to laugh out loud if the new MK III isn't 2 times as good as the MKII ....

With all the scaling and more more... Scaling isint every thing in a TV.

Just because the guys in the US saying that it is so good and everything. They have never ever seen a MK II eider. This is the first B&O LCD in the US. It´s not so strange they thinking that? The got NTSC on DVD and chanel network = Poor quality aginst Pal.

And if you read dese two tests you can read that the TV are suffering from exatly same artefacts and other things.

The picture is too dark, with no detail in the blackness (MK III) 

(MK III)

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/BangOlufsenBeoVision7-40Review.htm

MK I ( with HD upgrade 2006 )

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2006/06/01/BO-BeoVision-7-40-40in-LCD-TV/p1

Specs of the US MKIII

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFiles/File/Products/Technical%20Specifications/BeoVision7_en_na.pdf

Best regards. 

BL8000 MkII Black

• 07-12-2007 4:14 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    Beolab:

An easy to understand, and diplomatic post, moxxey, i agree.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2