in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-15-2011 3:01 PM by tournedos. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-15-2011 7:48 AM

cleanning a Beosystem 7000

Hi Folks!

I was recently able to get my hand on a Beosystem 7000 includind the CD player. These 2 units works (not yet tested/received), but they look like they definitively need a nice cleaning. I forget to precise it is the white version.

What advise could you give me? I was planing to remove the upper part in order to clean it with soft tissue and hot water, but maybe some people know better way to do that... :)

thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Sergio

• 08-15-2011 10:49 AM In reply to

Re: cleanning a Beosystem 7000

I have found that car polish ie autoglym works well on the white finishes.

• 08-15-2011 1:06 PM In reply to

great! I will try that!

Did you have any advices for removing the top cover of the beosystem?

cheers,

sergio

• 08-15-2011 1:55 PM In reply to

sergi0:
    Did you have any advices for removing the top cover of the beosystem?

The instructions should actually be printed on the bottom plate of the components.

It's rather easy, you loosen the two big screws on the edges of the back panel (do NOT remove them!), slide them up, and tighten again. Sounds odd the first time, but just believe it Smile The top cover will then slide back a centimeter or two and you can lift it off. In addition, the Beomaster has a couple of small screws inside the connector bay and you need to remove them first.

But removing the cover isn't really necessary for cleaning unless you intend to splash around with detergents and/or water, which I don't recommend anyway.

-mika

• 08-15-2011 2:34 PM In reply to

Thanks!

I am not still sure I will have to remove the cover, but it looks like a good cleaning could be needed (as you can see in the pictures, especially the vent at the end of the cover).

What do you think?

Sergio

• 08-15-2011 3:01 PM In reply to

Yes, the ventilation grilles are pretty good at collecting dust. Still, I would try with just a moist cloth first - unless cigarette tar Ick! is involved, the black dirt will wipe off easily.

If these have been in a really dusty place, it will be a good idea to blow away any dust from the insides as well if you decide to take off the covers.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)