in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-08-2011 3:00 PM by moxxey. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-08-2011 7:01 AM

Beocom 5 - its a great product (no really)

After one of my 10 year old Beocom 6000's was getting a bit flake-y, and needing something that I could use to dial into meetings and mute the microphone (without the annoying beep every few seconds that the old 6000's did) I decided to take the plunge and get a beocom 5 for the same price as a new becom 6000 and charging base owuld have cost (BnO changed the shape of the charge points on a 6000).

After a few days I have to say that I am extremely happy with it. Its responsive, loud enough and the speaker phone works well. The only potential detrimental to say is that as a polished plastic shell it can look smeary, but its nothing that a quick wipe wont resolve (as iphone users will already be used to).

I had read a great many bad things about the beocom 5 - but i'm genuinely happy. Just wanted to pass on my thoughts to the all & sundry.

Filed under:
  • 08-08-2011 11:09 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 5 - its a great product (no really)

Hi, I also love the BeoCom 5 for its design and features, I currently have a BeoCom 4, and if it ever stops working one day, I will replace it by the BeoCom 5. The BeoCom 6000 never convinced me in terms of design, and the BeoCom 2 never convinced me in terms of..useSurprise.

The only thing that's missing with the 5 is a compatibility with Earset Home kits, it's so nice to be able to walk at home or wash the garden while talking to someone on the phone!Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 08-08-2011 12:16 PM In reply to

Beocom 5 - great at my end although not too sure about the other end, still have people complaining its a rubbish connection!!!

Maybe need a firmware / software update, what's the current version for the speaker base and the handset?

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 08-08-2011 3:00 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

100% agree that the Beocom 5 is a superb product. It's one of the best B&O purchases I've made for a while. I bought two phones, plus speakerphones, for the office.

The quality of the speakerphone is so good, I regularly pick up the phone and ask the caller if it's any clearer. They say "no, no difference". This makes having a conversation (through the speaker) a realistic prospect. People do not know they have been put on speaker.

Potential B&O customers: buy a Beocom 5. Although expensive, for business use they are well worth the purchase. Recommended.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)