in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-27-2011 2:31 AM by ClausMikkelsen. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-03-2011 3:44 AM

Finally I found a used Beolab 3500 for my kitchen

Hi guys, 

"A true and horrible tale from a dane with the dream of a new speaker."

Finally I found it! A fairly new, but used, Beolab 3500 for my kitchen. I've been looking for one at a reasonable price for some time now, and finally it was there. Even my girlfriend loves the design. And believe me, speakers don't turn her on.

I installed it in the kitchen, with a junctionbox and masterlink from the bedroom. Everything was peachy - until I turned on the power. 

There were nearly NO SOUND in the left side of the speaker!?! Very very thin sound. I gasped for a second - a thousand thoughts went through my mind and my girlfriend just left the kitchen without a word. (She probably knew that I would explode if she said anything.)

I then became pretty angry, and was just about to call the guy I bought it from. (We met halfway, therefore I couldn't hear it before I bought it - I'll never do that again!!!)

I was just about to pickup the phone, when I decided to unplug the speaker and try it in the bedroom, with my MX4002's masterlinkcable. Same problem! DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!  

My frustration just grew and grew. I felt cheated and decided as a last option to try it in my livingroom by using my BV8-40's masterlinkcable. 

LET THERE BE SOUND, AND THERE WAS SOUND!!! (as AC/DC sings it in LET THERE BE ROCK)

IT WORKED!!!!  With beautiful and brutal electronic music blasting like never before.

So the speaker worked just fine - YEAHH!!!! Big Smile Laughing 

It's the damn MASTERLINKcable from the mainroom to the rest of the apartment that is broken - D'OH!!! Angry Sad No - thumbs down [:'(]

I was the second place winner on the BeoWorld May 2009 Prize Draw!

Thanks to BeoWorld for a great site!

Filed under: ,
  • 08-03-2011 5:21 AM In reply to

Re: Finally I found a used Beolab 3500 for my kitchen

I have been there as well

I am glad the tale had a happy ending !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-03-2011 11:07 AM In reply to

It's interesting, I've run my own masterlink cables around the entire house and without FAIL it's ALWAYS the left channel which I have to go back and re connect in the junction boxes, I have NO idea why but for me it's always that one.

I'm glad your speaker is ok, I bet it looks great.

Regards,
    Cal 

• 08-03-2011 11:27 AM In reply to

I looks amazing!!

How do you re connect the cable? Do you start over, by doing a new fresh cut or simply use the pen to connect all the cables again?

• 08-03-2011 7:49 PM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Rather than use ML junction boxes - requiring cutting, stripping and punching down of cable - I chose to use the four port ML junction boxes from OneRemote in our ML install (which includes a BL3500). These are simple 'plug and play' boxes that accept ML plugs. I use two of them in the house that form ML network 'node' points.

As mentioned, these are designed to be plug and play, and that has been my experience with them. No connection issues, no trouble shooting required. I successfully "plugged and played" the BL3500 and two passive kits on the first attempt, with no problems since (fingers crossed!).

• 08-04-2011 12:21 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Congratulations on your new treasure !

You would not enjoy it as much as you now do, if there was not a problem or two to heighten the emotional level.

Welcome to the not very exclusive M-L problem shooting club.

• 08-27-2011 2:31 AM In reply to

Found the problem on the masterlinkcable and fixed it!!! :-) now everything sounds amazing...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)