in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-02-2011 5:24 PM by Dillen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-02-2011 3:05 PM

Beocenter 3600

I have just taken delivery of one of these unusual beasts. It was a suprise purchase on ebay as I didnt think I would win it for just over a fiver! Cosmetically its OK and I have sorted out a couple of little issues with it. One thing thats wrong is the record deck doesnt work. Im pretty sure the motor will need lubricating which seems common on this type but on opening it up there was one "arm" only connected at he switch and nowhere else. The service manual didnt help me. I have completely removed it now because it was loose. Hopefully you can see it in the picture, its a long wire dogleg type thing!

The pictures were taken when it was in bits and just balanced back together.

The "arm" can be seen bottom left in this next picture. I know where the end nearest the dogleg goes but what about the other end?

I also thought it wood be black all over, the wooden side panels were a suprise. Its a light wood, T1 it says, which wood is that?

At least its been saved from the scrap yard although I have no idea what I will do with it, stick it in a cupboard I expect!

• 08-02-2011 4:07 PM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 3600

I imagine it is teak. Not seen many of these. Quite an interesting machine though as the first of the three source music centres. Just not very good!

• 08-02-2011 5:24 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 3600

Isn't that the arm for the speed fine adjustment ?
    If it is, it will go from the adjustment knob to a point near where
    the motor spindle comes out of the motor housing.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)