in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-26-2011 11:23 AM by moxxey. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2011 9:23 AM

design values BEO

Hi there!

As a fresh BEOworld member and as a designer of consumerproducts I have the following question for you:

Do you think B&O is still designing according to its company values? And more interesting: how do their products communicate these values?

The B&O values are:

- Excellence

- Sythesis (melting togehter of 2 elements that seem impossible to combine)

- Originality

- Passion

I am curious for your opinion! Thanks.

• 07-26-2011 10:13 AM In reply to

Re: design values BEO

Hi & welcome, thats a good question!  I personally am not a fan of any of the newest products B&O have released!  I thought i was going to like the bv10, but for me it seems cheap in looks and feel.  I am not particually bothered about the beosound 8 ipod dock either 

But i have always like the classic pieces and the iconic items, like the avant, the penta, bv7, bv5, lab 8000's, lab 4000's and the av9000!  So maybe i am a little biased! 

Cheers Nick 

• 07-26-2011 11:23 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: design values BEO

I see some of the old values in the Beocom 5's we've purchased recently. Well made, superb sound, good design. However, I still think the quality isn't at the level of older equipment. The keys on the keypad just seem cheap to me. Nothing like the keys on our Beocom 2! No comparison.

Yet the two Beocom 5's were £1000. Considering you can get a fairly decent digital phone for £80 (and that's the top end of the regular market), you would have thought the finish on the Beocom 5's were beyond exceptional. Parts of the phone are (speakerphone), parts are not (keypad).

Not bought anything else since the Beosound 4 a few years ago. The Beosound 5 was my last purchase and that was returned within a couple of months (so isn't a product we had long term). Beosound 5 was well designed, but there were simply too many cables (which were hard to hide away) and the Master wasn't great. For these reasons, the Encore excites me - few cables and wireless link to NAS hard drive, yet well made and a reasonable price.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the Beovision 11.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)