in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-16-2011 10:53 AM by Peter. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2011 5:22 AM

Beosound 5 Encore (no masterlink?)

Hi all,

I currently own a Beovision10-46 equipped with Beolab6002 speakers.

I'm looking to buy a Beosound 5 Encore but I was told that it cannot be connected to my existing setup (beovison10+Beolab6002) because it lacks Masterlink integration. They told me there is no other option for me than to go for Beosound5+Beomaster5 and forget about the encore...

I find it hard to believe that B&O would launch a product that cannot be connected to existing speakers that one would own.

Can somebody confirm this please?

Thanks in advance,

Rockwolfy

• 07-11-2011 5:53 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 5 Encore (no masterlink?)

The MasterLink connection is used to connect audio and video systems between them, not speakers.

The Beosound Encore, which is not released yet, does not have MasterLink, but it has PowerLink sockets to connect your speakers.

It also has a Ethernet socket, which will be used to connect other systems digitally. It is likely that there will be a Ethernet to MasterLink converter at some point.

I would wait a few months until the product is released. one cannot really make a choice based on specs that have not even been made public.

• 07-11-2011 6:28 AM In reply to

Thanks for your quick response.

Since my speakers are currently connected to the beovison10 by PowerLink, I assume it is not possible to connect the Beosound5 encore with PowerLink to the same speakers. Right?

Thanks again.

• 07-11-2011 8:12 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Rockwolfy:

I'm looking to buy a Beosound 5 Encore but I was told that it cannot be connected to my existing setup ...

The Encore is the first "Network Link" product (next generation = digital link) and hence not beeing able to connect
    to an analogue ML-System. 

Rockwolfy:

I find it hard to believe that B&O would launch a product that cannot be connected to existing speakers that one would own.

Of course you are able to connect B&O active speakers via PowerLink DIRECTLY to an Encore.

• 07-11-2011 8:18 AM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

Well, You're not the only one waiting for the Encore including the future ML to Ethernet converter unit. Guess that they will need to get it out quite fast after the launch of the Encore as many of us will just wait until it around and skip the current Beosound5+Beomaster5 setup.

• 07-11-2011 8:42 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Rockwolfy:

... I assume it is not possible to connect the Beosound5 encore with PowerLink to the same speakers. Right?

Right !

But, there is an other setup you could consider:

BeoMaster 5 WITHOUT a BeoSound 5 - connected to your BV10 and operated via Beo4 ... 

Filed under: , ,
  • 07-11-2011 1:25 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

As the Beovision 10 is still really new, I hope that there will be a new system module for BeoNet (instead of the current BeoLink system module), to directly make all Beovision 10 (and 8, which share the same components) compatible (at least for audio only, like this setup) with the new network. 
    Would be a shame to have to connect a "BeoLink to BeoNet" box to a brand new BV10...  

• 07-12-2011 4:57 AM In reply to

Vienna:

Rockwolfy:

... I assume it is not possible to connect the Beosound5 encore with PowerLink to the same speakers. Right?

Right !

But, there is an other setup you could consider:

BeoMaster 5 WITHOUT a BeoSound 5 - connected to your BV10 and operated via Beo4 ... 

I have the BM5 connected to my BV7, and have concluded that I need to have the BS5. Many features will only be available if you have the BS5 also, i.e. the following will not be possible without the BS5: Navigation on Album Artist (only song artist), 2 way remote, support of FLAC files, and much more. Beocare told me that they dont have any plans in enhancing the BM5 -> TV interface.

There is something about B&O.....

• 07-12-2011 3:20 PM In reply to

For those gold and silver members, you may be interested in this.

• 07-13-2011 5:56 AM In reply to

• Yendys
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 100
    • Founder

Thanks for the link Peter, this is now starting to look like a very exciting product

BV10, AvantDVD, BS3000, BL8000, BL6000, BL4000, BL3500, BeoPorts, BC9300, BC7002, CX100s, C75s, Beo4s, BC6000s, LC2s, A9, A8s,

• 07-13-2011 6:29 AM In reply to

So what are we poor 'bronze' guys missing out here?

Smile

Does it say something about the converter for MasterLink to Netlink?

• 07-16-2011 10:32 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Rockwolfy:

Smile

The link points to the user and service guides for the Beosound 5 Encore.  I don't know if it speaks to MasterLink to Netlink conversion because I haven't read - no time right now (I also already have a BS5 so I'm only marginally interested in this product).

• 07-16-2011 10:53 AM In reply to

Rockwolfy:

Smile

User and service manuals!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)