in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-07-2011 5:02 PM by ........... 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-07-2011 3:10 AM

Shed any light on this? (floorstanding lamp content) :-)

I have a very nice floorstanding lamp which I would be interested to know more about - It's manufactured in England by the "Architectural Lighting Ltd" and is an "E S Reflector Lamp" apparently, but I can't find any info about it on the net. I'm curious as to when it was manufactured etc etc.

It is very nicely designed and screwed together, in fact it actually looks lovingly handmade. It has a turned aluminium base and a curious switch design made from a single piece of milled aluminium. Hard to photograph when lit but looks great - The light pours out of the rear of the shade as well as the front and creates a very nice lighting effect. 

I also think the design compliments a "Bang & Olufsen home" very well! Smile

Anyone seen these before?

Inside bulb housing:

Switch:

Turned Base (hard to see the grain):

Token beo-shot Smile:

:)

• 07-07-2011 5:32 AM In reply to

Re: Shed any light on this? (floorstanding lamp content) :-)

I am sure we had a thread like this some time in this past decade 

Not sure it was the same lamp :) but I do recall a discussion similar to yours !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-07-2011 5:59 AM In reply to

Don't you just hate it when that happens.... Haha!

I seem to remember something similar now you come to mention it... Smile

• 07-07-2011 9:17 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Someone must tell Llewelyn that his Beovision Avant in his "Bang & Olufsen home"  looks a little bit strange (second picture)... Big Smile

Nice lamp by the way... But my design knowledge can't help here.

• 07-07-2011 5:02 PM In reply to

Haha! Mostly, not entire Bang & Olufsen (yet), I am working on justifying the purchase of a B&O LCD/Plasma TV but I'm not there yet so the Loewe Avant (ahem) will have to do in the meantime! Big Smile I think the lamp is by the architect/designer Peter Nelson according to some info I found earlier but it's all quite vague!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)