in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-09-2011 6:21 AM by Tillquist. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2011 10:35 AM

How have you programmed your Beo5/6?

I am sure there is plenty of expertise out there in terms of how to best program your remote. So if you have any nifty ideas or layouts, please share. 

I am working with Keith to program my remote, and in the process discovering the many features of the Beo5. So far, I am only using it control non-B&O equipment in my bedroom, though I may eventually add another room. At any rate, this is my "opening screen" (showing bedroom and family room):

Once the zone (or room) has been selected, I opted to show just the TV channels (I only have a TV, Tivo and Apple TV in that room), see below. My ten screens have been filled with channels, and it would have been nice with a couple extra (and, I don't want to add another menu structure).

I control my equipment through the scene menu, see below. The first screen controls volume (Keith is helping assign this to the hard keys, so it is a temporary fix only), turns on/off equipment, shifts between Tivo and Apple TV (I don't use the TV's antenna), and access the Tivo Guide. The second screen is for controlling my Lutron lights and three actual scenes (morning, evening and night)

I have on the third screen (not shown) to attached icons to control fully the various equipment (i.e., Samsung PN50C8000, Tivo and Apple TV). I developed some icons for the Tivo, see below.

Now, all of this works very well. The only annoyance is that I cannot find a discrete code for the Samsung PN50C8000's HDMI 3 and 4 ports. Jason's codes did not seem to work (or maybe I got it wrong, somehow).

Cheers,

Anders

• 07-04-2011 12:04 PM In reply to

Re: How have you programmed your Beo5/6?

That looks superb - in Keith you have the person who seems to know more about the Beo5/6 than anyone else. Having seen the Beo6 working two way, it really is a super device and promises a lot more.

• 07-04-2011 8:52 PM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Anders - love the use of the icons you've developed. I'm not that creative so I've just made up a couple of very basic ones (in Paint, would you believe), and other than that, use text, apart from TV and Radio station logos.

Like you, we have Lutron lighting, and I have our scenes programmed to both the coloured buttons and the screen (sometimes the names help on the screen when you're not sure of the scene colour), as well as all up/down using the wheel.

I tend not to use the scene function as our Beo5 stays in the one room - the other link rooms have Beo4 remotes and are audio only. That means all the main room functions - 3rd party TV, B&O Audio master, Lintronic controlled DVD player and Lights - are all on the one main page. Seems to suit us well.

Even my brother (who is a bit anti B&O), and who was round baby sitting for us Sat night, managed to successfully watch a DVD and dim the lights!

• 07-09-2011 6:21 AM In reply to

There are also some versions of how others have programmed their Beo5/6 [link]

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •