in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-28-2011 4:29 AM by villarsch. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-23-2011 1:44 PM

• villarsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Frinton-on-Sea, Great Britain
    • Posts 37
    • Founder

Screen goes yellow/red after 30-60 minutes

I have just set-up a Sky Amstrad 1Tb box to my BV 7-40 Mk II.  I have connected it via AV3 using DV-1 and SCART.  Unfortunately  this box is not in the B&O list, so I have used the Thompson Sky HD.  The automatic standby is set at "At TV Standby".  This setup, however, is resulting in the screen every 30-60 minutes changing to a horrible yellow or red colour.  Needless to say, this is not going down too well with my wife who is watching Wimbledon, so any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Villarsch

• 06-28-2011 4:29 AM In reply to

• villarsch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Frinton-on-Sea, Great Britain
    • Posts 37
    • Founder

Re: Screen goes yellow/red after 30-60 minutes

I have found why the screen changes, and as the reason may affect other Boeworld members, I am detailing the reason.

My 7-40 Mk II has the usual DVi-D adaptor, as will any tv which only has a DVI input.  This adaptor, a DVI-D single link, is ok for a Sky HD box.  The new 1Tb box, however, has a greater band width due to its capability of transmitting 3D images.  So this later box requires a DVI-D dual link adaptor.  Fitting this (it's about£1) has solved the problem.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)