in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-20-2011 9:04 AM by Michael. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2011 3:26 PM

Vacation in South Africa

Hi all, 

Finally I am ready for a few weeks of vacation in 2012 in South Africa but I am not sure how to organize the trip. 

Currently I am thinking of planning everything on my own. So flying via Johannesburg to Cap Town checking out the sights of both towns, flying back to Johannesburg, driving the panorama road to Krueger NP having some wonderful safari experiences in there. 

As said before, maybe someone in here has made a similar trip, knows any kind of website, agencies organizing a decent trip like that. 

Thank you in advance, 

Lars

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 06-19-2011 4:50 PM In reply to

Re: Vacation in South Africa

A long time ago my honeymoon itinerary was:

1. Johannesburg - visit a gold mine etc
    2. fly in a DC3 to a private game reserve next to the Kruger called Sohebele: the best bit was getting up early in the morning and going with a guide to sit in an observation post overlooking a water hole
    3. back to Jo'burg to catch the train from there to Cape Town (takes 2 days and one night) but is one of the famous train journeys of the world
    4. Cape Town: fantastic for its coast and historic buildings and wine region: The Castle (an early Dutch fort), Groote Schuur, botantical gardens (to feed passing sailing ships), Stellenbosch, Paarl
    5. fly to Durban: rich tropical countryside and beaches
    6. back to Jo'burg to fly home 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-20-2011 2:52 AM In reply to

Hi elephant,

Thank you very much for your answer. The trip you described above sound very good. I guess I should not do all the great journeys before I am getting married ;-)

Well, as there is no bride in visible range I guess I ll add Durban which I have honestly forgotten in my planning 

Any other suggestions from the beoworld members?

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 06-20-2011 9:04 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Thanks Elephant! My wife and I just booked a trip for August to South Africa this past week. It kind of fell in my lap as I had work that came up in Cape Town so we are still trying to figure what to do when we get there. I spent some non-glamorous( yet adventerous) time as a young man in Africa but I doubt my wife would appreciate that type of experience so I'm trying to find out what a more civilized trip should look like.. I do have to say that I'm not really looking forward to taking the obligatory tourist safari having been fortunate to have already hunted with legendary Afrikaans hunters years ago. Have a feeling it's going to be more Cape Town wine and food with a Mercedes rental car at some modern hotel this time. I guess I'll survive;) Maybe I can talk her into a " BeoHotel" with a blanket and Beosound 3 under the stars.

-Michael

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)