in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-15-2011 7:54 AM by Dave. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-14-2011 6:10 AM

• klit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-09-2011
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Durability of white or silver cloths on BL8000 and BL6000

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with white or silver colored cloths on the BeoLab8000 or BeoLab6000. My wife prefers white or silver instead of the usual black. But I am a bit worried about dust marks around the speakers over time. I don't feel like replacing cloths every couple of years. We don't smoke by the way and my wife uses the vacuum cleaner a lot Smile

Thanks for any input.

• 04-14-2011 11:47 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Durability of white or silver cloths on BL8000 and BL6000

If that is what you are worried about, then do not get white. The speakers and the bass ports push in and out air. The dust, and resudue in the air builds up in front of these spots on the fret over time. It's not good if you are fussy.

Silver on the other hand doesn't seem to suffer in this way, why not try dark grey??

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-15-2011 1:34 AM In reply to

• klit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-09-2011
    • Posts 9
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Dave. In the mean time I have called a couple of dealers and all of them told me that dust and resudue wil indeed build up in front of the speaker spots but are easily kept clean using a small brush on the vacuum cleaner (even with the white cloth). If there are people who disagree (because they have seen or experienced otherwise) with this then please let me know.

Thanks. 

• 04-15-2011 7:54 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

klit:

Thanks Dave. In the mean time I have called a couple of dealers and all of them told me that dust and resudue wil indeed build up in front of the speaker spots but are easily kept clean using a small brush on the vacuum cleaner (even with the white cloth). If there are people who disagree (because they have seen or experienced otherwise) with this then please let me know.

Thanks. 

Unfortunately the residue does not come off of the front of my 9's, so i wouldn't risk it. That being said though, i still love the white for BL9 despite the very visible brown circle around the 10 inch driver, because they disappear from the peripheral vision against white walls. :)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)