in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-17-2011 1:20 PM by Electrified. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2011 6:18 PM

Beosound 5 Encore

Hi Folks,

I recently get the new catalog and was very happy to discover that the Beosound 5 will be available without the Beomaster. That is a great new because I do not need it, I already have a NAS (+40TB) with all my media collection on it.

I just have one question... What will be the price of the BS5 Encore? I was not able to find it, neither did I find the time to go the a retailer and ask!

cheers,

sergio

• 04-05-2011 1:31 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 5 Encore

it is said to cost around 3k Euro

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 04-07-2011 7:41 AM In reply to

• LarsH
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-23-2007
    • Uppsala, Sweden
    • Posts 42
    • Gold Member

How will it work?

The software is within the BM5 isn't?

BR/Lars

• 04-07-2011 7:55 AM In reply to

That is why it is called the Encore - it is not just a BS5 head unit - you will note it is slightly thicker! The operating software is in the BS5 Encore. It does lose some features of the normal BS5/BM5 but obviously gains as well.

• 06-10-2011 7:54 AM In reply to

BeoSound 5 Encore gains:

- front headphone output, USB input, AUX input

- hidden USB input (for permanent storage on hard-drive)

- Wi-fi B/G/N

What is loses: BeoMaster 5 Big Smile and the 3 cables that go with it!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 06-12-2011 3:16 AM In reply to

• LarsH
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-23-2007
    • Uppsala, Sweden
    • Posts 42
    • Gold Member

What gains and losses is it in functionality?

Read that it can connect to an iTunes library.

How about the MOTS function, will it work on the external music library?

Will the user interface wiith all functions be there?

The current BM5/BS5 has to use a connector to enable WiFi...

Sounds interesting, is the aim to remove the current BM5/BS5 from the product line?

BR/Lars

• 06-12-2011 7:37 PM In reply to

Beosound encore is a rip off, uk price of 3000 plus, then u need speakers plus decent hard drive plus won't work with beo 6 for a bit! And that price is per room as it doesn't have ml.

Rather go for Sonos with a pair of B&O spks more flexible systeM.
  • 06-15-2011 4:47 PM In reply to

Kokane81:
    Beosound encore is a rip off, uk price of 3000 plus, then u need speakers plus decent hard drive plus won't work with beo 6 for a bit! And that price is per room as it doesn't have ml.

Rather go for Sonos with a pair of B&O spks more flexible systeM.

Seems me a little bit hasty to write this type of conclusions.

Beosound Encore is not available yet, so no formal price point either.

I can hardly believe it will not work with the Beo 6, actually the two way working habbit of the Beo6 will make it a perfect companion. What is your source?

Regarding that you need multiple installations, partly this is the art of the system, to use it you have to touch it :-), on the other hand, I do not know which extensions B&O will deliver to integrate the system in a multi room environment. Just wait a few months...

• 06-15-2011 8:18 PM In reply to

I've been told by a very good source that it won't work with beo6 straight away, the beo6 will work with bs5 before bs5 encore.plus the price is near enough right and it is a stand alone product with no intention to be part of the link system that is why the bs5 is still for sale, so in theory all the bs 5 encore is, a very expensive iPod with the advantage of n radio. Oh beo 6 will be working on 2.4g range so might have issues on wifi due to so many other things on that range unless u get into sub nets. Why not just buy a set of speakers and get iPod wall dock? And no one can deny Sonos is a better system.

I love B&O but the average B&O customer would not be buying this for the kids rooms! Would u give Ur kids one of these and a beo 6 or would u rather install Sonos with B&O speakers and a itouch or iPad to work it??

I just think B&O have committed to much into this product and have fallen short with the competition.
  • 06-16-2011 3:07 PM In reply to

I for one don't think Sonos is better. If you want a multi-room system then get a Beosound 5/Beomaster 5.

• 06-16-2011 3:40 PM In reply to

U what? Have u used/got a bs5? Have u used sonos?

Ypu ever tried to use bs5 in a link room,Oh what a great system same track in each room!

Oh party mode oh not got one, oh want to mount it in a room outside main tv on link oh can't, oh can't mount it more then 9mtrs from beomaster5. Plus how many sw issues with it!? Have u used the menus when u connect it to a tv?

Where u want me to stop?

Like I said like the looks but for the price and features compared to other systems it's pretty pants!
  • 06-17-2011 3:40 AM In reply to

Got a BeoSound5. Have used both.

• 06-17-2011 8:14 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Kokane81:
    Where u want me to stop?

Sonos: Old type D/A converter maxing out at 16bit (!), 48khz. Volume control is 16bit too, meaning you reduce the bits the lower the volume is. This means a lot with powerful active speakers, as you're seldomly powering them even to half their capability.

BS5: New type D/A converter, 24bit, and can at least run up to 96kHz. Volume control is 24bit (the 16bit files are padded), meaning you will not take a loss when listening at low volumes.

No, for those same reasons, even my lowly Squeezeboxes are superior to Sonos' solution. Even if Sonos is a tad more user friendly when it comes to integration.

I don't like the BS5/BM5 combo, but I'd take that any day over the offering from sonos.

• 06-17-2011 12:48 PM In reply to

Electrified:
    and can at least run up to 96kHz

it runs up to 192kHz

• 06-17-2011 1:20 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Carolpa:

Electrified:
    and can at least run up to 96kHz

it runs up to 192kHz

Thanks, I was at bit in doubt. I knew it ran at least 96khz, but I wasn't sure it would take 192kHz. It makes the difference even worse (or better, depending on your view).

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)