in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-19-2011 7:54 PM by kai. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2011 7:23 PM

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Beo5 and Epson projector

Hi Guys

Just finished an install for a customer, consisting of Beovision 7-40 mk 3 with full surround sound, and 100" projection screen, the projector is Epson tw4400, I found the code and it works but what I would like to do is when they press cinema it also switches on the projector via ir, as they are all in close proximity, can I do this via beo5 config tool?? A while since I used it, thanks for any help

Kai
  • 03-19-2011 11:19 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Beo5 and Epson projector

Sorry, but if you are a dealer, I can`t understand why you are doing such an installation... Your customer has a BV7 MKIII with a fantstic and easy to use Cinema feature. So, why not use that? Just get a Lintronic -238 box, connect it to the cinema out and let the box control all devices by executing a macro triggered by the digital inputs. Should work easier and much more reliable tha your installation. In your setup you have three (?) IR points, BV7, projector, screen. What happens, if you press "Cinema", the BV7 will get the command, the screen too, but the Projector don`t?

Your customer will have great surround sound, a 100" white screen and no picture at all. If you now press Cinema again, the projector will eventually turn on, but BV7 will turn back to TV mode and the screen will come up - useless.

But to answer your question, yes, you can program a macro that starts with Cinema function (FORMAT - 0), and afterwards send the 3rd party commands.

Stefan

• 03-19-2011 7:54 PM In reply to

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beo5 and Epson projector

Stephan, thanks for the reply, I used to work for bang & olufsen, this was a customer who wanted to do this when they built there house, I have heard of the lintronic, will have a look at that, thanks for the info
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)