in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2011 4:22 AM by Capture. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2011 9:22 AM

Beomedia 1 I updated the Internet Explorer myself (and feel very stupid doing so)

Dear fellow members,

I have a BM1 for several years and use it every day with much pleasure.

I started noticing when surfing the web that more and more pages could not be viewed anymore due to using IE 6. so i thought: let's upgrade!

now i have installed IE 8 on the BM 1 and gues what: no web browsing is possible anymore :-(

so my message is: do not do this!!

my question: any thoughts or ideas how to browse the web again with BM 1?

and yes, i know it is my own mistake....

many thanks in advance,

Ton

Filed under:
  • 03-12-2011 10:04 AM In reply to

Re: Beomedia 1 I updated the Internet Explorer myself (and feel very stupid doing so)

I tried to update iE but never suceeded...maybe that was lucky.

I think you can either do a recovery or install another browser - or both.

If you do a recovery you take BM1 back to the original shape without deleting music or photos.

I use Google chrome to browse on the internet. It does not work througt the "WEB" menu, but I choose the service menu, and work the BM1 as a normal computer with a Logigech DiNovo mini bluetooth keyboard. It works great!

• 03-12-2011 10:22 AM In reply to

Re: Beomedia 1 I updated the Internet Explorer myself (and feel very stupid doing so)

Thank you for your reply Smile

recovery option is/was a bit scary since i did not know what it would do to my music...

if all else fails i will give it a try. thank you for your  suggestions :-)

• 03-12-2011 10:54 AM In reply to

Nothings happens with your music. Your data is on drive E (Data) and the installation is done on drive D (System)  

It is still a good idea to have the installation manual to follow if you do a recovery, since you have to set the BM up again and connect it to the network etc.  

• 07-18-2011 9:40 AM In reply to

I was forced to do a recovery on my beomedia 1. When i wanted to upgrade the software on my beomedia it looks like this service has been discontinued... :-(  according to B&O it should still work :-) so lets wait and see what happens.

• 07-18-2011 5:41 PM In reply to

MartinRK:
    I use Google chrome to browse on the internet. It does not work througt the "WEB" menu

why not try Martin's approach, with a number of light weight browsers (Opera, Chrome, Safari) and see if they work.  Find someone technical (not me!) who could advise on why Chrome could not plug in the same way as IE.

but the simplest way is probably to go for the recovery option ... or forget about using the BM for browsing and buy an iPad Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-24-2011 4:22 AM In reply to

Thank you for your suggestion :-)
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)