in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-29-2011 3:11 AM by Toubro. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2011 8:41 AM

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Beovision 9 HDR question

Can anyone tell me where the HDR on a BV9 is placed?? Is it build in or is it the "box" hanging on the back of the TV??

The reason for my question is, that I'm looking for a used model, where the person who sells it, says that I can get a HDR by paying a bit more, and my thoughts are that he has taken the 250Gb standard HDR out of the TV and are trying to sell it as an add-on. Is this possible??

I was also wondering if anyone could tell me how to check the "mileage" on a BV9 and what is acceptable.

• 01-28-2011 9:13 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 9 HDR question

Hi Toubro

The box on the back of the BeoVision9 is the BeoSystem3 video engine that drives the picture and decoders the surround sound.

The HDR1 and BeoMedia1 were optional and if fitted are internal. They sit inside the bottom of the cabinet either side of the integrated centre channel loudspeaker.

regards

Opman

• 01-28-2011 3:49 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Hi Opman.

Thanks for your reply. I thought it looked like the BS3, but wasn't sure. I was under the impression that the HDR was fitted as standard in Denmark. I spoke to another dealer earlier today about another BV9, but this also came without the HDR, which he thought was taken out at some point and he confirmed what you've told me.

I am now in a position where I can't decide what to do. I've been dreaming about this TV for over 2 years and have finally saved up enough money for a used one, but now I think about how much money it really is. On the other hand, it's the only TV I can imagine as a replacement for my Avant, and I have always been very happy with my other B&O stuff.

I'm kinda stuck between a MK.III model which is 200km and a bridge toll away, and a MK.II model which is 80km away. The MK.II is from an authorized dealer, the MK.III is from a webshop that sells used B&O from his private address, they both give 2 years of warranty and they both cost 70.000kr. I don't really know which to go after.

I never thought I would have these "problems" once the possibility to buy one came.

If any of you guys have any thoughts on buying used B&O you are more than welcome to comment.

• 01-28-2011 7:00 PM In reply to

Toubro:

I'm kinda stuck between a MK.III model which is 200km and a bridge toll away, and a MK.II model which is 80km away. The MK.II is from an authorized dealer, the MK.III is from a webshop that sells used B&O from his private address, they both give 2 years of warranty and they both cost 70.000kr. I don't really know which to go after.

I wouldn't let the extra drive and toll sway you, remember you only have to do this once! Choose the one you want, and if it means an extra 120km drive then so be it.

The 9 is a magnificent TV Yes -  thumbs up

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 01-29-2011 3:11 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

I see what you mean. As long as I have 2 years of warranty on it, there shouldn't be any problem buying it from the non-authorized guy.

New dilemma: I have now found another one for sale, by a private person, this is a MK.III with HDR, and he want 64.000kr, which is cheaper than the two shops, and offers more. This is even further away, 360km, but that shouldn't really be a problem, as jldmelb says, I just don't feel good buying something that expensive when it's not from a shop.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)