in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-31-2011 4:40 AM by Large48. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2011 2:16 PM

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Beosystem 6500 white

A friend wants to sell her Beosystem 6500 that is all white.  She has five units receiver, CD, cassette, turntable and table top remote.  What would this sell for today?  She kept all the original boxes so shipping is easy.

• 01-29-2011 10:45 PM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 6500 white

expoman:

A friend wants to sell her Beosystem 6500 that is all white.  She has five units receiver, CD, cassette, turntable and table top remote.  What would this sell for today?  She kept all the original boxes so shipping is easy.

white and in good condition will sell better than black.

As to how much ? Depends on the market.

There is a black 6500 system on UK ebay at the moment; monitor what it sells for as this will give you some idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/B-O-Bang-Olufsen-Beosystem-6500-MCP6500-/130476185886#ht_775wt_1141

Also keep an eye on Lee's site (and there are others) that will give you an idea of what refurbished and warranted systems can fetch:

http://www.lifestyle-av.co.uk/product_list.asp?sectionId=3

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-30-2011 1:03 AM In reply to

elephant:

white and in good condition will sell better than black.

As to how much ? Depends on the market.

There is a black 6500 system on UK ebay at the moment; monitor what it sells for as this will give you some idea:

Which color sells better. There is black/silver, black and white. The one on Ebay you are referring to is a black/silver.

I think the black/silver sells better.

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-31-2011 7:18 AM In reply to

Also think that the original boxes is also treated like a gem in secondhand sell, I personally would pay more with them.

Cheers

Jesper

Sweden

• 03-13-2011 5:03 PM In reply to

• Banff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-29-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

MoglesMac:

Also think that the original boxes is also treated like a gem in secondhand sell, I personally would pay more with them.

Cheers

Jesper

Sweden

Is one able to obtain B&O boxes from anywhere ? I'm the second owner of both my Beosystem 7000 (silver and black) 4 pieces plus a 7000 table remote controller, as well as a Beocenter 9300 with Beolabs 8000; however, sorry to say I am losing my hearing, ( hearing aids just don't help one bit when it comes to the good sound of music,) so I'm going through the throes of having to decide to sell all my audio equipment. I just don't experience the same pleasure it once afforded me. The one thing that is holding me back is the lack of the original cartons, as I make a point of retaining each and every carton from all my retail audio equipment purchases.  

• 03-17-2011 12:28 PM In reply to

• Andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2007
    • Melton Mowbray
    • Posts 128
    • Founder

Hi

where are you based? There were some boxes on ebay not long ago I dont think they sold.

Andy

• 03-20-2011 7:39 AM In reply to

I also saw a full set of Beosystem boxes (not Beolink 7000-box tho) for sale on ebay uk but they never sold and I missed nicking them with hours :(

Ebay och other secondhand-market would be the best bet, but usually they are sold with the unit.

Cheers

Jesper L

Sweden

• 03-22-2011 12:38 PM In reply to

• Banff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-29-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

I'm in Oakville, Ontario, a bedroom suburb of Toronto.

It's remarkable how the makers of video/audio components price their shipping cartons. When I bought a pair of Martin Logan ESL speakers from a Chicago dealer, the cartons had obviously been opened by him when he received them and he then proceeded to use the same cartons to ship them to me. Well, even though I normally retain all shipping cartons, these two were in such a decrepid state when they arrived that I put them out to be recycled. When I eventually put the speakers up for sale, I assured the prospective buyer that I would obtain shipping cartons from ML. But when I learned that the cartons would cost me $600 each, I decided to keep the ML speakers. I never gave it a thought to search eBay, but now I can see why I should have done. I wonder how many articles placed out for recycling eventually end up on eBay ? Smile 

• 03-31-2011 4:40 AM In reply to

6500 in White is worth more than the 'standard' Black/Silver Combo.

Did they ever do the 6500 in just Black? Thought it was only the 7000 as a 60th thing?

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)