in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2010 3:29 AM by Spiros. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-25-2010 11:00 AM

Apple TV and Beosystem 1

Hi there, and Merry Xmas!

I have the following components: Beosystem 1, Zektor Switch, Apple TV (first generation), Beocenter 2, STB, Beovision 4-42"

I am trying to get Apple TV hooked up through, but can't. I don't get a picture at all. I tried hooking it up through SAT and STB, setting the source to GENERIC YPbPr, or GENERIC RGB. Nothing works.

Will I need to get the software update in order for the Beosystem 1 to be able to recognize Apple TV? 

Any help is greatly appreciated - looking forward to your responses.

Thomas

• 12-25-2010 11:30 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Re: Apple TV and Beosystem 1

Hi Thomas,

I had the same problem and it was solved with ATVFlash (www.atvflash.com). Check it and will be able to give you more details when I'm back in a computer. But also if you search previous posts of mine you will fond the solution.

Best regards

Spiros

• 12-25-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

From your posts I took that ATVFlash takes care of having color. I don't have a picture at all. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 12-25-2010 2:46 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hi Thomas, First of all, do you connect the ATV with Scart (BS1) to VGA (3 colored cables) or do you connect them from ATV to camera? In both cases it should give you a signal. Also I would propose that you connect the ATV to a monitor in order to check the resolution set (although this is done automatically) In my opinion there is no need for upgrade of BS1 in order to show just an analog signal. Looking forward to your news. Best regards Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 12-25-2010 2:49 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

P.S. When I said VGA I meant component. Sorry for the mess up!

Best regards

Spiros

• 12-25-2010 4:27 PM In reply to

Using component cables to connect the ATV to the Zektor switch. Used the SAT equivalent input on the switch. Tried setting SAT to Generic YPbPr as mentioned - doesn't work.

I will try and connect to a monitor next  ... 

• 12-25-2010 11:40 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Question. What is Zektor switch?

Don't you plug it directly to BS1?

Best regards

Spiros

• 12-26-2010 1:49 AM In reply to

Since the BS 1 only has one component in, I am using a switch to be able to plugin multiple products via component.

That being said, I tried to plug it directly into the BS 1 through component cables. I set STP to Generic YPbPr. Didn't work either. I am thinking that the default output resolution of the ATV may be to high if I use component cables.

Are you going directly into the BS1 via s-video?

Thomas

• 12-26-2010 2:24 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hi Thomas, I have a Beosystem 2 which is more or less the same with Beosystem 1. I used to connect the ATV directly to composite, however now I use a scart to composite cable and connected it to Decoder (third scart on BS2). Reason is that I use the ATV with my Beo4 (if you search related topic you will see how easy it is). In my opinion there is an issue with the resolution set on the ATV. Check it with an external monitor to see where this is set. Best regards Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 12-26-2010 10:33 AM In reply to

The external monitor seems to be the answer. Will do this today and report back!

Thomas

• 12-28-2010 1:57 AM In reply to

I finally got it!! Had to connect to a different TV with component cables. Set the resolution to 480p, then disconnected and hooked it up to the BS1. Once I got a picture I changed the resolution to 1080i HD.

Controlling the ATV with Remote through my iPhone 4. Works very nicely. Beo4 control is next.

• 12-28-2010 3:29 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

perfect!!! Concerning the Beo4 control, just check your STB what kind of remotes are included and then you make ATV learn this remote. Worked for me with a Topfield and now it's controlled under DTV command from Beo4.

Best regards

Spiros

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)