in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2012 7:24 PM by Eugene. 523 replies.
Page 7 of 21 (524 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-08-2011 2:14 PM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Re: What Are You Working On Now ?

Hey Mika

You and I must be similar ages - I used that too, when I was a kid modifying plastic model aircraft - won a couple of prizes at IPMS meetings too!

Where can one buy those MicroAmmeter gauges? I've looked but can't find - maybe I don't know what to call them....

I want to make a meter to measure signal strength during alignment on all those vintage B&O FM sections which don't come with them standard.

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 02-08-2011 2:15 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

I was given some at a previous job, although it is available on ebay in various colours and thicknesses! I have seen what some modelers can do with the stuff by building up layers and sanding down etc... Very impressive! Wouldn't be surprised if B&O used something similar in example and prototype work!

Olly.

• 02-08-2011 2:18 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Mine came from China via ebay of course - it was the cheapest available at the time!

Here it is from a UK seller but I didn't pay anything like that!

Olly.

• 02-10-2011 4:55 PM In reply to

Working on a BeoGram CD4500. This one actually had a good capacitor (33uF/16V) and had a broken laser. After replacing the laser it still did not play, after changing the servo PCB it played, so I checked the laser current of the original servo PCB. This was much too low and could not be adjusted like it should. So I replaced both potentiometers (laser current & focus), adjusted them and it is playing again. Hope it stays that way.......

• 02-12-2011 2:51 PM In reply to

Today was an excellent day. Just finished my two sets of Beovox 2500 and a set of Beolab Penta's which I have "modified" putting mirror finished stainless steel side panels on the labs. Looks a lot better then the original grey plastic panels.

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-12-2011 3:08 PM In reply to

Good job Leslie, nice touch with the panels

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 02-12-2011 3:18 PM In reply to

Søren Mexico:

Thanks Søren, bought these (10) panels via Quickshipmetals in the US for just 68$ cut in the 2 dimensions I needed for the labs. Really excellent stuff.

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-12-2011 9:26 PM In reply to

Leslie:

Today was an excellent day. Just finished my two sets of Beovox 2500 and a set of Beolab Penta's which I have "modified" putting mirror finished stainless steel side panels on the labs. Looks a lot better then the original grey plastic panels.

Thanks Leslie! When can I stop by to pick them up ?

• 02-13-2011 3:04 AM In reply to

Eugene:

Thanks Leslie! When can I stop by to pick them up ?

Which one Eugene, or do you want them both? You're welcome to drop by in sunny Cool Holland. Don't forget to take your wallet with youWhistle

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-13-2011 1:08 PM In reply to

Leslie:

Søren Mexico:

Thanks Søren, bought these (10) panels via Quickshipmetals in the US for just 68$ cut in the 2 dimensions I needed for the labs. Really excellent stuff.

Thats a good link, gives good ideas, not only for BO renovation, pitty they dont do much in aluminum, the copper polyurethane coat must be appliable on aluminum too, and the cleaner for stainless is useable for alu too.

Eugine, wait until May June before you go, this time of year the climat in Holland is unsupportable, and they only have some 7 houers daylight, but in the spring and summer its wonderful and the best thing is, its so flat that standing at any point you can look from one end too the otherBig SmileBig Smile.

Do you intend to bring the Pentas as carry on. Hmm

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 02-13-2011 1:31 PM In reply to

Søren Mexico:

Eugine, wait until May June before you go, this time of year the climat in Holland is unsupportable, and they only have some 7 houers daylight, but in the spring and summer its wonderful and the best thing is, its so flat that standing at any point you can look from one end too the otherBig SmileBig Smile.

Come on Søren, we have lots of mountains and hills ( one maybe two, cannot find them, somewhere in the southSad)

And we are wearing very comfy shoes and like to eat grilled fish and no windWhistle

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-13-2011 1:49 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

You do have super ice rinks in holland. I use to be a speed skater and went over to participate in the friesland(?) cup in the early 90's. We were amazed by the first ice rink we saw that had an extra pratice track round the main rinks perimeter, but that was before we went to visit a 400m track Surprise And the fact you can hire proper speed skates!!! You arn't allowed anywhere near a public session with them on in the UK - actually it was nearly impossible to even hire ice time!

Olly.

• 02-13-2011 2:02 PM In reply to

In DK we have very high mountains, one of them is Ejer Bavnehøj 174 meter over see level, when we climp it we stop at 100 meters, to get used to the lower oxygen level, resting we get ready for the last hardship, drinking beer and Aquavit and eating raw heerings, doing this, listening to music from our Beolit transistor radio (this is BEOWORLD), arriving at the top we drink the rest of the beer and Aquavit, dance rock and roll listening to Radio Luxemburg. Well, we did that in the 60th.Beer

• 02-13-2011 6:46 PM In reply to

Søren Mexico:

Leslie:

Søren Mexico:

Thats a good link, gives good ideas, not only for BO renovation, pitty they dont do much in aluminum, the copper polyurethane coat must be appliable on aluminum too, and the cleaner for stainless is useable for alu too.

Do you intend to bring the Pentas as carry on. Hmm

Actually I was going to wait until Leslie was out of town to stop by and pick them up. Devil

Opened up the Beocord 5000 and located the problem- belt. So I have started the restoration. A lot of work for something I will almost never use. The second Beocord 5000 will most likely become a donor. I see no reason to go thru all the trouble and expense to fix them both.

Why it will omly engage play for a second or two. Menahem the rubber is still spongey. Wish i could say the same for the 3300 which has hardened considerably. Thanks for the tip.

I am using this opportunity to burn through the remainder of my stock of Xicon and NTE caps. I changed brands - again.

Here is some evidence of my dodgey repair and soldering skills.

It is Agent "double naught" Soul's tireless efforts to restore his Beocord 5000  that motivated me to even do this.  I need to order belts.

• 02-15-2011 10:37 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Last night I had some free time and I wanted to make at least a little progress on my 3000-2. But I couldn't because I lost my voltmeter....

So instead I polished/waxed the rosewood lid and it's matching BeoVoxes.

Turned out great, looks awesome. Now I want to recover the frets and really dress them up.

While working on my S45-2s, I noticed a crack in the top of one of the woofer rings.... Not looking forward to that. :-(

Evan

• 02-15-2011 4:51 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Evan:
    I lost my voltmeter....

Because I left it in my car from an installation on saturday, duh... Time to get to work!

Evan

• 02-16-2011 12:24 PM In reply to

I do have some 20 of those voltmeters that lie around - no excuse Stick out tongue

That one I've got yesterday - Pick-up wires were ripped off.

Record might be twice the age of the Beogram Big Smile

Gunther

• 02-16-2011 12:53 PM In reply to

Oops Embarrassed - was wrong with the record - 1956 only (thanks to internet, no date on the record)

• 02-17-2011 3:38 PM In reply to

Another project finished (just cleaning!Smile) Grundig Audiorama cubes hand in hand with Beovox 2500

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-17-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

Leslie:

Another project finished (just cleaning!Smile) Grundig Audiorama cubes hand in hand with Beovox 2500

You just dont see stuff like that here in the states very often. Good work Leslie. I am a bit envious.

• 02-17-2011 5:30 PM In reply to

Thank you Eugene, have plans putting some of my B&O "goodies" on Ebay US, but the shipping costs are spoiling everythingAngry For some items which seems to be rare in the US I can have better prices but again, shipping costs. Btw, you still want my Penta's?Big SmileBig Smile

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-17-2011 9:04 PM In reply to

Leslie:

Thank you Eugene, have plans putting some of my B&O "goodies" on Ebay US, but the shipping costs are spoiling everythingAngry For some items which seems to be rare in the US I can have better prices but again, shipping costs. Btw, you still want my Penta's?Big SmileBig Smile

Sure , when will you be out of town next or I will trade you my extra Terminal 5000 for them. Very common here but not so common over there.

Shipping cost has often been a deal killer for me. even here in the US, plus does the seller know how to properly package the equpment for such a long journey. Turntables come to mind as I write this.

A rare enough item would probaly still sell over here ( your cubes for example, either set) but you would likely have a tough go at selling say a Beomaster 6500 here.

• 02-18-2011 10:18 PM In reply to

Got my fuses for my BL 4000 from Nick in Sheffield, put one in and the speaker was playing for one evening, next morning the fuse was blown again, one more fuse went after checking everything and trying again, but now it went emidiately, tomorrow I will open the other speaker to compare, its one of the fuses in the power supply F4 before the main transformator I'm in over my head here.

• 02-19-2011 9:41 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Currently refoaming 2 X sets of Beovox CX100's & 4 X sets of CX50's. Should keep me occupied for this coming week.

Next up are a pair of Beovox P30's which have been sat in the back of the car since Tuesday. First impressions are that there is likely to be some refurbishment of the Rosewood (Palisander) cabinets required. I'll do some photo's if any major work is needed on these.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 02-19-2011 10:17 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

Currently refoaming 2 X sets of Beovox CX100's & 4 X sets of CX50's. Should keep me occupied for this coming week.

Next up are a pair of Beovox P30's which have been sat in the back of the car since Tuesday. First impressions are that there is likely to be some refurbishment of the Rosewood (Palisander) cabinets required. I'll do some photo's if any major work is needed on these.

Chris.

That would be greaty idea Chris!Yes -  thumbs up Got a few diiferent pairs of speakers, that need caibinet work.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 7 of 21 (524 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »